Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Desperate Measures



Its getting Worse. Its getting REALLY worse out there. This morning, when I went to the back of the lot on Central Park near 2nd Street, where Julio owns the house that is being renovated, who has throw my stuff out before, but we spoke last week about it, where Benny and Whitey hang, I was astonished at what I witnessed. I saw at least four kittens and five or six adults back there. Starving. I couldn't believe it. All scrambling to get food, of course not the kittens, they ran and watched at a distance. We as humans are responsible for these creatures. We owe it to them to care for them, and take them out of their misery. I can't do it alone. I also know I have to mention here, on this blog, that I don't think anyone reads, that I am going through food and money left and right. I am now using up a 25 pound bag of dry food a day to feed these cats. I would love it if someone could find it in their hearts to occasionally buy a bag for less than $10 and leave it for me sometime. I also need help with trapping. ANYTHING anyone can do to help. I have NEVER asked for help financially - and still have a hard time asking for food help. But we've got to take a stance, as a community, to help! I can't do it alone! On another note, I am going to court this morning to watch the trial of the dog killer who starved her dog to death last winter. She let it starve in brutal harsh cold conditions in her garage. Pray the judge does the right thing and gives her jail time. Thats the only justice there is. Otherwise, she will get slapped on the hand and lose bus fare for having to go to through this. She and all other abusers are wretched monsters. Above, I include a picture of a cat named Charlie that I rescued from Hayward Avenue. Before, and after I got him. My friend Gina gave him a home where he is now king of the castle. This cat was a mess when I rescued him, a very big tom cat that was out in freezing harsh conditions for a long time. I am so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment