Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Morality

I am really searching for answers here. There are so many sweet strays out there, and half of them look at me when I am done putting the food down, and I swear they are asking me to please take them out of there. My heart breaks a little bit more each day. My heart is huge, so it can handle tiny breaks, but its really doing a number on me. I have been struggling with the idea of catching at least one a day, half of them would just go into my carrier, and bringing them somewhere, where I know they would most likely be euthanized due to the already overcrowded shelters. But what kills me about that is that these cats are adoptable! Half of them let me pet them, and scoop them up for gentle hand hug! But it kills me to know I am leaving them for another 24 hours to survive amongst the other cats that are all competing for space and food. There are many cat fights going on, I see this when I go each morning, some of them are bloody or their skin mangled. I know some rescue groups would tell me not to do this, but they aren't doing what I am doing! Not many other people in Rochester are - they don't see what I see! I need some good advice.

1 comment:

  1. Janine,
    I bet each of your blog readers (and even friends/family) could foster just one cat/kitten. It is very rewarding to help an injured or malnourished kitty and not too time/money intensive. Craigs list would be helpful in finding their permanent homes once they are spayed/neutered.

    ReplyDelete