Thursday, July 22, 2010

Heaven

This morning was a tough one. I started out knowing I would have to replace several very soggy towels after yesterday's deluge of almost 2 inches of rain in somewhat short burst of storms that passed through Rochester. Which I did have to. They were all waiting for me, as usual, especially the kittens that now sit with their Momma on 2nd Street, so tiny, so innocent, so sweet. Their bowls are always empty. I hope they get their fair share after I leave. I went to the Hebard garage, where across from there I put food down bordering this horrible woman's lot where the kittens were born recently. Momma was there waiting, as usual, and this time, she did notice that I was placing food there, and after I finished up there, I am hoping her kittens were watching her and would go over for food and water. As I turned the corner onto Niagara Street, I saw something in the road. Yes, it was a cat I had been feeding there for over a year now, and even had her sister TNR'd. This baby had come to trust me, and would sit in the hole we punched out in the boarded window for their shelter last winter, and watch me place food each morning. As I went to my trunk to get a baby blanket out, a prostitute walked by and said bless you for what you do for these cats. That made me feel better, as I started to cry. I picked her up and placed her gently down, knowing I would bring her to the same place I do each time this happens, anonomously, but humane. I did lose it this time. Just a week ago I picked up a dead cat on East Main Street, the poor thing had even been TNR'd, I knew this by its clipped ear. But it was the fact that I looked into this innocent baby's eyes each morning - and she was still warm. The prostitute told me she had just seen it within the hour alive. So I knew it had just happened. Who can take an innocent life and not think a thing about it. What kind of monsters has God created. Will he show them their justice in the end? I know this baby's soul left as soon as it was hit and rose to heaven.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about today's kitty...how awful and sad. And I KNOW how difficult it is on you. One question: what's TNR'd?
    XO Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honey, thanks, its Trap Neuter and Return.

    ReplyDelete