Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset...

I love the mornings. I am truly a morning person, even though in an ideal world, I would love to sleep past 5 am. But I have a job to do. Several as a matter of fact! But one of the things I noticed this morning is how peaceful it is early in the morning. You can drive down even the most poverty stricken streets and feel a peaceful calmness about it. I feel sorry for people who sleep in late and miss half of the morning because they miss out on the purity of a day.

Anyway, to get back on track of this blog... I met a guy this morning by the name of Paul. He lives on Second Street and I had mentioned earlier in posts that I wanted to meet the person who lived in this house. I had gone one day and left a note in his mailbox to call me or I would stop back, but I had forgotten to leave my number, nor did I attempt to go back on a lunch hour due to my workload. He lives in the house next to the one I put food down for all those cats I took a picture of earlier. Anyway, he happened to have his door open this morning having breakfast and called out hello as I approached the feeding area. WHAT A NICE MAN. It makes it all worthwhile sometimes to do what I do when you meet a man like that. He shook my hand, used to work with the inmates at the Sheriff's Office, is retired, and obviously takes care of himself and his home. Its modest, but tidy. We talked about the cats and he told me he didn't have a problem with me leaving food under the bushes at his place. He has a soft spot for the cats, felt sorry for them, has called Animal Control to help, but they won't. He knows of the newborns running around, feels sorry for them. I told him I would help in the capacity that I could, but I could never fix it, all by myself. Never. There are just too many of them, and I can only get so many appointments or trap so many successfully. All by myself. I have no one helping me. I wish I did. A lot of people talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. Is that how the saying goes? Anyway, the only thing this guy asked for in exchange was to let me let HIM wax my car! So, will drop off there one morning this weekend for a couple of hours. He asked for nothing more in exchange. Just a kind man. Makes my heart soar when I look at the devastating sadness I face each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment