Wednesday, July 21, 2010

DO SOMETHING!!!


This morning was a terrible morning, not in terms of difficulty, but I saw way too many kittens out there, and I also think I heard newborn mewing on 7th Street, where myself and ASL rescued a litter of newborns from a mattress inside a house set for demolition the very next morning this past spring. It sounded like it was coming from a pile of branches too thick to look into in the back of that now empty lot where I've put food down ever since. Then onto Second Street where there are at LEAST 5 kittens about 6-8 weeks old running all over the place. In fact, a car went past me as I was watching this one kitten running across the road, and it didn't even apply its brakes. They just don't care. Then on Hebard, there are two black kittens living in the garage, and two grey and white living under a camper across the road from there that we HAD been feeding, where the woman that lives there just this weekend warned Gina to 'stay off her property'. I pray Mama has shown them how to get across the road and close to the garage to get something to eat and drink. In the meantime, as I turned the corner to feed on Niagara where newly named Mia, the newly rescued baby kitten with the broken femur was dumped on the porch last week - her picture is posted here, I saw Jessie, the older man who lives next door. Nice man, gentle ways about him. I think he is high half the time, but thats ok! He is nice. Anyways, I started to rant to Jessie what I had been thinking after my rounding this morning. These aren't MY neighborhoods, these are YOUR (not meaning Jessie) neighborhoods! You people who live on these streets should be doing something to solve the problems on YOUR street, in YOUR neighborhood!!! Why is it up to me? I shouldn't have to be doing this!!! If one person on each street would take some kind of action, we wouldn't have this problem!!! I wish they made a pill to put into food to sterilize cats. We've got to come up with a better solution that trapping!!! They do this for deer, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment