Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on the Plain



Rain rain rain... I am grateful for the rain for the fact that we haven't had it in quite a while, and I debated on getting out the sprinkler this weekend, but my hose is such a pain that I didn't, but my lawn and gardens did need it. What I dread about the rain is the fact that its so hard on the cats I feed, the worst would have to be Smokey #1 and the other that is hanging around there. There is a small lean to (wood board) against a building on Central and Goodman. I had a palace built for them, but the passersby keep tearing it down. People can be mean. Its tiny enough to only shelter a bowl of food and water. I have a towel under, but it gets soaked with the rain, so there goes any comfort and dryness for the already soaked, already flea infested babies. The second worst is the dirt lot that housed the torn down abandoned house that I rescued the newborn kittens in. The City has not landscaped it, so when it rains, I trudge through the mud to the back of the lot where there is a lean to under a tree. Thats where a sweet white with gray spotted kitty waits for me each morning, waiting to replace the ravaged bowls that the raccoon feasts from throughout the night. I think the mother of the newborns is still hanging around there also. I will say this again, and many more times, my dream is to build, or buy, a parcel of land and building to house these creatures, so that they can live out their lives in peace and happiness. With that luck, I would hire a veterinarian to care for them. So, I keep playing the lottery, and hoping against hope someone will read my blog or hear my story someday and dig into their pockets. Thats my wish, thats my dream.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that where Rex and Max came from? these animals only want to live. When they are given love as well it is truly a miracle to watch them blossom. I have a new dog (rescue) who we are in the process of reconditioning because he was so abused and he is only 2 and a purebread that someone actually bought and still did that!

    ReplyDelete