Friday, June 25, 2010

Big Bad Leroy Brown





the baddest man in the whole damn town... badder than old king kong, meaner than a junkyard dog, da da da da da da.... thats the song in my head this morning after I met a gentleman by the name of Leroy on Niagara Street. As I was placing food on the porch there for Sasha and her gang, I noticed a couple of druggie/prostitutes and guys coming toward me. Now, they were most likely not coming toward me, but Leroy was. He actually was a nice dude! After my heart went a thumpety thump, my usual courage took control and we just chatted away. One of the girls asked me for a quarter (what is she going to do with a quarter?), but otherwise, I knew they were harmless because they have seen me for a long time now doing what I do. They don't usually come near me. But Leroy was quite interested! Seriously, he is a nice guy that I know will be a 'friend' to me when I need one. He commended me for what I do, and said I was a very good person. I read people very very well, and he is one of the better guys around - for real MOM!!! Otherwise, all was quiet on the homefront. As you can see, I took some pics of Smokey on Goodman and Central where as usual someone had tossed the board I have to shelter the food. Stripes was not there, I worry, but Blackie was there weaving in and out of my legs as I put the food down, eagerly awaiting. And the other pics are mostly of the gang on Second Street all coming around for their breakfast. And one of Benny, where the owner of that boarded up house on Central has now trashed my stuff and the protection there also. Will have to find out who the guy is and try to talk to him. The to Hebard again where the older woman in the truck drove by and looked at me nastily. You know, she should be looking at her brothers and sisters around there - who are murdering each other, if anyone deserves nasty looks, why me? I am the least of her concerns! Anyways, its a Friday, and I am so grateful for a day off tomorrow. Thanks for reading everyone! Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment