Monday, May 31, 2010

Day Three of Captivity - Bliss

Its amazing how much this cat, that was dumped out onto the streets last fall by a woman who didn't like his spraying her house (he is unneutered), and has had to fend for himself for almost a year between the very mean streets of Central Park and Bay Streets, has changed in just two days. He was a very frightened, very dirty, but very sweet grey cat with the most lovingest gold eyes. I have now earned enough trust by him to actually pick him up without my fear of him scratching or biting me. He let me kiss him on the forehead, and I now hear him purr. He still hides when I leave the room, but he is now coming out when I enter it. I am so thankful that I am able to take him from that very scary environment, and place him into a loving and safe one for the rest of his life. Now there is still so much more to do. I feel like I am getting closer to someday having a sanctuary for the, at least, 8 cats that look at me each day longingly trying to escape the environment they are in. It just takes a kind soul to help, and a little bit of money, but it will happen. I am an optimist! Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment