Monday, June 7, 2010

Freddie

Today was Day One of trying to trap Freddie. Freddie is a black kitty on Hayward Avenue who has been in slow decline. He has open sores on his head, his fur is all but falling off the sides of him. He was once a very beautiful calico cat. I've been feeding him for over a year now, I think. I was thinking he was rabid because there are so many raccoons around, especially there, and he hisses at me if I get close to him. He once almost bit my finger as I extended it to him to sniff me as a gesture of friendship. But as he sat next to the trap, very calmly, as if to say, listen lady, I am not falling for this trap, so get out of the car and give me some food where I am supposed to eat it, I then realized he is not rabid, just very sick. I do plan to take him to a shelter, which is a rarity for me to do when I trap a cat. I either have it TNR'd or I have it adopted. But this little guy has got to be suffering, the wounds don't look very good. Wish me luck for Day Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment