Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Curiosity Killed the Cat

NOT in this case, not today, not on my route. Just using that expression because I couldn't think of another one, but I did have one crazy woman this morning drive very very slowly by my car staring at me and then the front of the garage on Hebard Street that I was putting down food at. And she stopped on the corner, not sure if she was checking me out in her rear view mirror or not, but it was enough that I wanted to run to her and ask her why she was looking, but during that conversation, try to educate, and maybe make a friend. I am like that. I will talk to ANYONE who will listen to me for a second. I also forgot my camera this morning. I am sorry about that - I am so mad! There were many photo ops this morning. The cats all came out on 2nd Street, there must have been six or seven out this morning, waiting for the food that is now being placed under the porch of a vacant house. I live a dangerous life, and wonder how long this will keep up. Seriously. I wonder about my sanity, but know I am sane, but also know there are cats out there that depend on me. Another funny thing, there are two cats that literally I could fall over trying to walk with them. They like to intertwine with my feet as I am approaching the feeding spot when I pull up to the areas. They greet me with great enthusiasm! Those two are obviously the most needy of a home. Thats Black on Central and Goodman, a very young fella, and Benny, the grey young fella on Central between 2nd and 4rd Streets. And then there is Stripes, on the corner of Central and Goodman also, who is a shy little fella, and is letting me get closer and closer to him. He is so pretty. Sweet sweet eyes. I MUST FIND THEM A HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment