Friday, June 11, 2010

TGIF?

I wanted to end this week on a positive note on my blog, but after what I witnessed this morning, I just can't. No, it wasn't anything juicy, but rather pathetic. As I drove around at 5:45 am. this morning waiting for some 'houligans' to wander away from an abandoned house on Central Park that I feed Benny at, I drove down Second Street. I saw two cats on the sidewalk, and as usual, got out to put a bowl of food and water down. As I got back into the car, I turned around and lo and behold, there were eight cats. EIGHT. I was stunned. I got out, got an aluminum pan out, and put it on a porch where it looks boarded up, and placed more food down for them. Its hard to believe that on a street where you can tell someone lives in every house just about, that there would be eight cats practically fighting to get a chance to eat some food. EIGHT! I know this is probably not the only area, for SURE not the only area in this country that I would see that, but its the first time I saw that large of a group. We MUST do something about it, but I can't do it alone! I welcome suggestions, and I mean immediate suggestions, practical suggestions on at least taking care of the Second Street problem. Flyers to every home? Offering free spay neuter if they will trap them? Not sure what to do here folks, but I would really appreciate suggestions! On that note, lets all have a great Friday! PS, will bring my camera tomorrow and take a picture of this sight for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment