Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

... breaths fire! This morning, on my usual every other day route (I skip two places), I pulled up to the Hebard Street garage, where a crack is left open at the bottom of the door, and who it belongs to God knows, but I know he is a madman, as I have discovered that the door can open - only to find a disaster inside. Its not garbage, but debris, scattered like a tornado hit it. There is an accumulation of old window frames, metal, etc., but also of bowls and plates from over the two years I've been going here. Has it been that long? Anyways, back to my original thoughts, as I walked up to the garage, there was a kitten no bigger than the size of my hand. He/she ran under the opening, and began a growling/hissing fit. The poor thing looked dirty, and its eyes are messed up. I've got to enlist some help in this one. I tried, and could have gotten it, but would have had my hand ripped to shreds. It may be tiny, but it was so upset at the sight of me, it would have kept biting me until I could grab it by its scruff. I wish I had some gloves with me. I did try, I even opened and propped the door up to get in there. I am sick over this. Not sure what I should do.................do I call in the big guns, my friend from ASL? She cannot enter the garage legally without police officers there, which would cause a ruckus. Don't know who owns it but remembered being told a while back that someone rents from the owner, and I don't think he lives there. I also can't risk losing the only shelter available in the winter months for these cats, Peanut, Whiskers, and another one. And who is the Mom of this kitten? We had Peanut TNR'd past Fall I think, and the other two I think are male. Could it be another drop off kitty? Not sure. The garage is a detached garage. Next door lives a female Reverand, and her daughter that runs a quiet daycare, who keeps their yard and gardens beautifully, the only sanctuary on the street, but does not like cats. Oh, how I wish all humans had as much compassion as I have....

No comments:

Post a Comment