Friday, June 18, 2010

Little Orphan Annie

An update on my discovery Wednesday morning on Hebard Street in the garage. The baby kitten I discovered that morning, with the bad eyes, was rescued by my friend Gina. She is one great catcher! This little rascal fought her tooth and nail! I had called her Thursday after not seeing her that morning, and asked her to meet me after work there, but before I could even get there at 6:05, she had already wrangled her. Apparently, the mother kitty, I will now call Skittles, cause she is so skittish, and I know for a fact was born in the spring of 2009, had some babies, and Annie was sickly, so she took her over to the garage, or had them there and left her there, and brought her other two, we think, healthy kitties across the street under an old camper. We think they are about 4-5 weeks old. Cuter than buttons they are. I have to give a shout out to Gina, she is really good at what she does, she amazes me, I am in awe of what she does. I have no clue how many kitties she has, but she is there for any poor animal that DESPERATELY needs a home. I know what stress that can be, so I only call on her in desperate situations. She is a Godsend to me and I love her to death. I can't wait to share the link to the book she has written, called Meowsville I think, so you can purchase it for the little ones in your life. Her goal, as is mine, is to have a sanctuary for every homeless kitty that needs our help. There are so many strays, and they are the ones that really need our help. Ferals are another story, but the strays are desperate for love and shelter. That is both our goals to someday have a barn or building to start a sanctuary. Full Time Vet, no cages, just for post/pre-surgeries - someday I know this will happen. Thank you GINA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment