Monday, June 28, 2010

Oppression

...the feeling of being heavily burdened, mentally or physically, by troubles, adverse conditions, anxiety, etc. I had to look that word up. Thats what it feels like when its this humid outside. And the cats, look at all the fur they have, on top of the dampness from the already too much rain so far this year. My central air went a month or so ago, and I do miss it. I look forward to getting into work now, just for some dryness, and of course getting into my car, I could drive around all day sometimes.

Nothing abnormal today, but yesterday looked Rocky Raccoon right in the eye, as I chased him around the tree he was going to go up into. I didn't want him to go up the tree because he would only come down to eat the food, mess the water, and generally dirty up the place on 7th Street. I did my best to scare him away, but he was holding onto that tree for dear life. He was bound and determined to get up there. Of course it was a mess this morning, but Rocky wasn't around.

I haven't seen the kittens from Hebard Avenue around in weeks now since Gina discovered them, and she rescued Little Orphan Annie from the garage, nor have I talked to her, so I hope all is well for her, Charlie (I rescued and she kindly adopted for me), Annie and the rest of her brood, and I do continue to put food under an abandoned car across from the garage, in case the little ones are still alive. I do plan on trap, neuter and return the Mama, as Habitat for Cats has given me an appt. in July. I hope the Mama keeps her legs crossed until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment