Monday, June 21, 2010

The Happy Hooker

Nothing out of the ordinary today as I made my 'rounds'. I now think of myself as a sort of Social Worker, paying visits to the children, to make sure they're safe and sound. After I left the new spot, 2nd street - which by the way I have an update there, I thought the house with the porch that I was putting plates of food and bowls of water down on was vacant, but I think someone lives in the upstairs of the house. Someone has been removing my stuff each day, so I moved to to under the bushes lining the driveway of the house next door. Day Two of them being there, and still there. I must find a 'friend' on 2nd Street who has an ounce of compassion. Anyways, after I left there, I went to feed Benny and his friends, and a prostitute one of the many pretty (few pretty - most of them are pretty bad looking) black girls who have lost their way on the streets, was wa walking by and I asked her if she lived on 2nd street, as that is where she was last 'dropped off' as I fed the cats there, and she said no and then asked me if I was working the night shift. I have no idea what she meant but she went on to tell me she was working 44 hours now, up from 35. She seemed quite happy, and off she went. I called out to her she should be getting benefits. She must have thought I was nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment