Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Location, Location, Location!


Some highlights/lowlights of my spots:

Parsells #1 - a kitty continues to remain in his/her shelter on the ground on the side of the porch where the owner of the property moved my stuff weeks back.  it remains there while I pour food and water in front of its face - whether its scared to move, or too comfortable, not sure, but I am so glad to know the shelter is being used.  There are two there, but not sure if the other is being used.  I believe someone has moved into this recently vacant, newly renovated apartment in this huge apartment house. 

Parsells #2 - food is always gone on the three plates I leave here every other day.  Occasionally I will see a kitty leave the large feeding area with two shelters - its dark - I have to tramp through the backyard of a house that is occupied, this is where Kevin lives, and where John used to live.  They both have allowed me to do this, until they move they say...

Stout - This morning I got stuck in the driveway, had to move snow with my boots, which are now falling apart.  The black kitty ran to me, as usual, but there was another tabby with white there which I don't believe I've seen.  Both hungry, both waiting, for their food under the porch.  The garage door is still ajar for those seeking shelter.  Thanks again Walt and Karon.

Chamberlain - Lucy is still there every morning, crying away, never allowing me too close.  Did not see "I think she is pregnant" kitty.  Still not sure about that one.  She certainly is not nursing, I do know that.  She has a smooth belly, no milk ducts.

Hayward - did not see Candy, but a little black and white kitty with a plastic flea collar, fully intact male ran to me, crying, rubbing against my legs.  He is less than a year, sweet little thing.  I have four shelters here, with a lean to board against the house for feeding.  Wonder when those icicles will come crashing down.

Baldwin - the usual kitties here, sometimes I see four to five, other times, two to three.  Food and water under the bench, and the same under a lean to against the back lot fence.  Good shelters in back, and under the bench.

The back nine:

Short #1 - I saw a rat here this morning.  Yuck.  A big one.  I hesitated putting the wet food down, but I looked up and saw Morgan trotting along the sidewalk and knew Mr. Mouse would hesitate to go into this shelter with Mr. Kitty.  It smells in here.  I tried to clean out the dirt pile that some animal dug up but the other side of this shelter is frozen to the ground, will have to wait until it thaws to clean out.

Short #2 - Still see only two kitties here now, since I had to move their shelter from Mr. Meanie's garage on Sixth months ago.  They wait for me to leave so they can gobble up their precious wet food.  Very dark and scary back there, but so far, so good.

4th and Pennsylvania - lots of kitties each day waiting.  I took a pic the other morning and posted - its the large lean to where there were four cats eating - then there are nice shelters in the back also.  This house has been boarded up and vacant forever.  Wonder when it will be demolished. 

Pennsylvania near Second - I see a red kitty and a grey one here, usually.  Haven't seen the friendly, very large black kitty I used to see.  I hope someone took it in.   This is in back of a guys house that I've never met, but he has allowed me to set up shelters in his back yard.  Someday...  I have left him a message or two on his windshield thanking him, wish I could do more.  The only thing I know about him is that he has gigantic feet from his footprints in the snow.

Second - haven't seen Paul around lately, too cold.  He is the man that allows me to feed behind his house.  A nice igloo shelter back there, along with a lean to, and a few tote shelters.  I saw two kitties behind there waiting for me to leave.

Third and Central - I have shelters, and leave food in both the front and back of this vacant house on the corner.  I know a cat is using one of the nice wooden shelters there - this is where we had to move our stuff from across the street because of the creep that ordered everything to be trashed to the large dumpster a while back.  Thanks again Karon, Walt, Kristin and Sheryl for all your help.

Central - remember me talking about Tuffy - well he worked his way down to Central and Fifth, although there were five other cats here waiting for me this morning.  Poor Tuffy - something happened where he couldn't swallow, he was having a hard time.  But after he got over whatever spell he was having, he actually got really close to me to get more food.  I left food and water outside this normally closed up shelter that Kristin built.  There were too many cats to crown under there.

Last but not least - Seventh.  I continue to feed at least 3-4 cats here daily.  I believe all are fixed, but all are scared of me, except for fluffy black kitty that dug into my arm a week or two ago (which still doesn't look too flash by the way), but he is not always here.

So, there you have it.  This is my life.  Ha.

"Wake up every morning with the thought that something wonderful is about to happen."
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Betcha it was that stinkin' rat that dug up all that dirt, eeeww !

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hat is off to you lady. You are one amazing person. I am honored to know you. You'll be happy to know that our dog is now scared of Abby. She has figured out she has power and will not let him pass on the stairs. Too funny! I think Captain Nasty (aka Andy) is also softening up a bit. -Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those kitties! It's overwhelming to think of how many are out there on their own. Thank God for you and for those who are helping you with food and donations!

    ReplyDelete