Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bastard!

  1. bas·tard
    ˈbastərd/
    noun
    noun: bastard; plural noun: bastards
    1. 1.
      archaicderogatory
      a person born of parents not married to each other.
      synonyms: illegitimate child, child born out of wedlock; More
      natural child/son/daughter
      "he had fathered a bastard"
    2. 2.
      informal
      an unpleasant or despicable person.
      "he lied to me, the bastard!"
      synonyms: scoundrel, villain, rogue, rascal, weasel, snake, snake in the grass, miscreant, good-for-nothing, reprobate;  

BITTENS.  THREE months old.  That is how old the clinic is guessing this baby is.  THIS is what I find out there on my daily route, in the hood.  There are people that live here that are so digustingly ignorant as to let a baby this size and age out in this weather not 10 feet from the street.  It makes me ill.  If I hadn't been there at that time and date, I wouldn't have found it.  Just think about all the other kittens out there, wandering around.  I thank God that I do what I do, even if I hate doing it.  I save lives, and I am really proud to say that.  It may not be a human life, but its a life that has feelings, can love and be loved, is human in almost every way except it can't speak (English).  ha ha.  Really, animals are precious, and defenseless, we are responsible for them and we must do everything in our power to keep them safe.

Bittens went to the vet today and they are guessing she is barely three months old.  They all fell in total love with her. She tested negative for Leukemia, she was dewormed (if she had them at all), given her shots, and is ready for spaying!  They all fell in total love with her.  How could you not?  She is a really cuddly kitten.  Not hyper, or skittish, really cuddly.  And a purrer.  :)  Its hard for me to get ready for work, all I want to do is cuddle with her!  :)

This morning was a tough one.  I picked up and held two cats.  I scratched the head of two others.  Its bitter cold and the food froze up in the second half of my locations - I carry the wet with me in large yogurt tubs.  I barely had enough for my last spot that I could get out - looking around for sticks to scrape it from the bottom.  The kitties all look worn and weary.  Poor Tuffy, I saw him on Second this morning, as she sat feet away in the snow, waiting for me to put the food down and leave.  I shined my flashlight to see him, and he doesn't look well.  Tuffy has been out there since the beginning of my journeys in the hood.  Once a big red and white tomcat, he now looks worn, and tired.  I fear he has an illness that is slowly killing him.  Some say I should leave him, I feel I should end his suffering.  If I had help both transportation, trapping and financial, I would probably get him to a clinic, get him well, and return him, but not in this weather.  No way.  I can't return an animal knowing the harsh conditions I am sending it back to.  There are those that would argue with that, saying its their natural environment.  I disagree.

Jim and Frank
I am having dinner with my friend Jim after work, who is freshly grieving the loss of his partner Frank.  Its been 4 weeks now, but after 34 years together, its got to feel like 4 hours. I miss him terribly.  Those two were half of each other.  Jim is missing his other half. 

I also have tomorrow off, hurray.   I deserve it!  :)

Have a great day everyone!

"Just one positive thought in the morning
can change your whole day."

3 comments:

  1. Auntie I'm going to talk to wolf man and see if we can get some money for tuffy. Love you have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bittens is so adorable! I'm so glad you were at the right place at the right time - it's hard enough out there for adult cats, but a kitten - brutal. I know what you mean about the wet food - I put it out for my 2 feral kittens and their mom this morning and they didn't even get a chance to finish it before it started to freeze! You are the one who is going out there every morning and helping these cats - whatever you decide is best for them, I'm with you. If I was in your position, I wouldn't want them to suffer either. Since starting on my feral kitten adventure last summer, now that they are spayed/neutered and I'm taking care of them, I often wonder what I will do when/if they seem like they are not doing well for whatever reason - just like my own indoor pets, I feel like it's my responsibility to not let them suffer. I'm thinking you feel the same way. I'm glad you have the day off tomorrow (not from the kitties, I know) - try to relax and enjoy! Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for all the homeless cats and dogs out there tonight. This frigid weather, when will it end? Thank God you were able to rescue Bittens. Also I'm praying for more foster volunteers to get more of these poor babies off the streets!

    ReplyDelete