Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Love Stories

An update on Sargent/Teddy from his foster...  he still needs his forever home, please spread the word!
Sargent the day I rescued him

SARGENT/TEDDY BEFORE

SARGENT/TEDDY AFTER
Gracie - referred to below - is Gail, Teddy's foster mom's, Dog.  She is a little itty bitty cutie pie. Here is what Gail has to say:

"I think this whole thing is a good experience for Gracie.  Even though I still feel a little bit sorry for Gracie because she is used to being an only "child", she is learning to share.  Teddy is a perfect gentleman with her.  He rolls over on his back next to her, as if to say "I won't hurt you; you can play with me".

They eat together in the kitchen, and there's no aggression with either of them over food.  They're very good at sharing time on my lap.  They both greet me at the door when I come home.  Teddy comes when I call him.  He's really pretty perfect if you like a low-key, quiet, affectionate cat.  

Teddy's ears are improving.  There's still some gunk in them, but he's not shaking his head anymore.  He doesn't like all the drops or my poking around in there, but he's so good about it.  He never hisses, scrathes or bites.

Come over any time to see how beautiful he is becoming.  Any evening is fine, or if you want to stop after work.  His lip has healed, his coat is getting softer and shiny from being indoors and he's very good about grooming himself." 



LOVE to hear this stuff!!!

Another update on GORDIE!!!
 
"Yes, we would love to have Gordie join our family.

Ginny and I would like to wait till  this Friday of this week to be certain though.  Now that Gordie is more out and about, I want to make sure of no allergy flare up.  Up to this point, I have been fine.

Let’s finalize everything at weeks end, OK?"
 
:)  Happy Dance.  Now, we just need to get Fraser, Niles, Lenny and Larry adopted!  And THEN, there are so many more!  My next sight is on Candy, the sweet girl on Hayward.  She is a very beautiful colored calico, and she lets me hold her!  She was spayed last year, and is good to go, once I can get these others adopted.  There are so many out there, waiting.  I supposed its a little like adoption agencies, there are so many children to be placed, just not enough parents!
 
 
Tomorrow is going to be a *itch.  They are forecasting 2-4 inches beginning at 2 am. tonight, and then another 3-6 during the day tomorrow.  It will not be fun for me, nor the kitties.  Of all days, I pulled up to my first Parsells stop and saw that my shelters had been moved to the ground, next to the porch.  Now this guy Bob is really a nice guy, and I am sure he is showing this apartment that he recently renovated to be rented out.  I need to contact him because he promised I could set up station on the other side of the house.  He just needs to move stuff off the covered porch that he told me about when I last spoke to him.  So I left him a note to call me.  I also stepped on a nail that went right though my thermal boots, into my foot.  Joy.
 
Have a great day, and spread the word, we (me and the homeless cats) need more fosters!!!
 
"The distance between who I am and who I want to be is separated only by my actions and words."
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have an up to date tetanus shot!! I get one every 10 years because I garden. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on that tetanus shot! I also once stepped on a nail that went straight through my shoe & into my foot...get that shot! So happy to read about Teddy. Warms my heart that he is safe, warm & loved. And he certainly seems as though he's showing is appreciation of being taken off the streets by being such a wonderful kitty...the kitty he was always meant to be. All good stuff Janine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teddy sounds like an awesome cat! It would be an answer to prayer if Gordie's home worked out for him. He deserves all the love he can get. But then, they all do, don't they?

    Take care of your foot missy! Good luck in the snow. Hope it's not as bad as they predict.

    ReplyDelete