Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Humpty Dumpty

Not sure of why I chose that title, but I guess you could say its Wednesday, Hump Day, and that I did have a great fall on Sunday, which I forgot to mention.  It was one of those slo mo things, where I knew I had stepped on a patch of ice with my foot sort of sideways on it, and just knew I was going DOWN, but I also knew I was in a driveway between two occupied houses in the inner city in the dark, at 5:45 am., and couldn't make a sound, no matter what.  So, luckily I have a little meat on my bones, and I landed on my side, just a bit scraped and bruised.  I thought, God, if I break anything....

I told my mother about it and she looked at me, shook her head, and as usual got mad.  She worries about me terribly, and she always figures its my not being careful which is why something happens to me.  Mothers!

It is a very cold morning out there.  Lower teens, wind chills will be below zero today, and they are forecasting bursts of snow.  And the temps will lower as the rest of the week goes on.  I have not seen some of my regulars, which always worries me, but I did see the two cats on Central, one is the unfixed mother, probably of Bittens, and she might look pregnant again but its very hard to tell in the dark, and she won't let me too close.  The other is the starving kitty.

Susie/Sissy

I called Scottsville Animal Hospital and they told me that Susie/Sissy, the white kitty I suspected was pregnant that I rescued from Chamberlain on Saturday, tested negative for disease, and they also could not tell if she was pregnant, so they would monitor her.  Lenny was doing great.  I still feel guilt over bringing them there.  I have had such success in getting cats adopted, and if not, they roamed my house, or a foster's house freely and were comfortable.  Its hard to know they are in cages half their time, if not more.

My Daisy

My Crew doing what they do best

I heard from Calvin's new mom, and they love him to pieces.  We will make it official when I go there to get his carrier this weekend.  They have renamed him Cody.  They love him!  She sent me this picture of him.


Does he not seem happy too??


Bittens!

And of course there is Bittens, the kitten I just rescued yesterday.  He/She goes to the vet today.  Can't wait to confirm sex, but I think it might be a girl!

Fraser

Teddy

We've got to get Teddy a permanent home, and Fraser too.  Fraser is becoming bolder and venturing out into the house where there are other kitties.  He was a bit shy, but is coming out of his shell.  Teddy, well Teddy is just a sweetheart.  I am so glad I rescued these babies from the streets, Teddy from Parsells who had a terrible ulcer on his lip, and Fraser who was missing his fur on both sides because of going in and out of the small holed shelter the entire winter.  Scraped all his fur off.  But he is a beauty.   Spread the word, and thanks for reading! 

Make it a GREAT day!

7 comments:

  1. Great news about Calvin/Cody. I'm sure Fraser, Teddy and Bittens will find their forever home SOON. Oh, and SO GLAD you didn't hurt yourself in the fall. - Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotta be careful auntie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bittens look like a girl maybe it's Harry Larry's sister!!! Yay Cody!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just rock!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all of those safe, warm souls. Makes me teary...tears of pure joy. And I have to mention, I love the tile in your bathroom & the pillows in your photo, I also have pillows with the same pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Cody and his new family! May they have many happy years together! I have no doubt that Fraser and Teddy will find their forevers soon, too.

    ReplyDelete