Thursday, February 20, 2014

Slow & Easy



Those are the words of the morning.  Its super icy out there.  I have to waddle like a penguin to most of my locations.  Be careful of that black ice!  Its warmer out today, which is easier I think on the cats, but its going to be super wet too.  I changed a lot of icy towels this morning.  My washer has its work cut out for it in a minute.

 
I went to Alaska several years ago, and I walked through a lot of woodsy, remote areas and when you walk through parts of the country like that, where there are bears, you have to not only watch and listen for them, but you have to look down and step over their bear poop.   This morning, I noticed I had to do the same thing with the cats!  On the paths I've created trudging through the snow to get to the shelters this past winter, this is where they choose to do their business, just like a bear, so I really had to watch where I was stepping!

I disturbed Kitty #1 at my first stop - it was sleeping soundly until I had to start messing with its space, the towel was soaking.  Its funny how you can feel these wild cats whoosh past your leg when they fly - you get that one touch of them, and its only a brief whoosh on your leg!  On the Central location, the black and white cat that has been keeping its distance from me allowed me to touch it this morning.  I believe its the mother cat of the recent litter that the girls in the corner house allowed it to have.  Its a skeleton.  I tried to feel around to see if it was pregnant, but I don't think it was.  I must do something.  The Chamberlain kitty - the white with the black tail, I am starting to suspect she may be.  I will keep my eye on this also.  Its super hard to do everything I need to do in the time I have to do it, and rescue these cats and find a place for them at the same time.  Not to mention get the appointment at the clinic, hope I can get the cat that morning,  have them brought in, paid for, picked up.  I do need more help.  Its going to be a rough spring, I can tell already.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Surely there must be fewer litters this Spring in your colonys Janine ? all your hard work has to have cut the numbers, no ? xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest prayer is that more people will step up to help you with the day-to-day work! I have faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing an amazing thing auntie

    ReplyDelete