Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday Blues

It has snowed another 2-3 inches overnight, in the city, making it not quite shoveable at my spots, but shuffable, for sure.


Pregnant Sally
 
 

I've been feeding a cat that runs to me nearly every morning at my shelter on the porch on Chamberlain.  She is a very pretty girl, as you can see in the above picture.  Yesterday, she had a noticeable bump in her midriff - I do believe this young lady is preggers.  I contacted my friend Julie with ACPR, who asked that I contact someone else in her group to see if they had room for this young lady to be fostered, and have her babies, rather than the other alternative, to have her kittens aborted and placed back on the street, which I prefer not to do, but its the only humane thing to do, rather than have the kittens suffer a slow death out there, which they surely would in this weather.  It is not supposed to reach past 20 degrees until next week, maybe.  Its frigid out.  Well, this other girl told me it would be ok, but I would have to get her tested for leukemia first.  So out I went this morning to get her, but she wasn't there.  :(  I will try again tomorrow. 


I've gotten to know the red kitty I've been fostering - Calvin (his name has been changed a few times - but its Calvin for now).  He is just the most sweetest thing around.  He follows me from room to room, but its not annoying because he then finds his comfortable spot and chills there.  He gets along with all the other kitties, and is not frightened easily.  He is a big fluffball, and is ready for adoption.  Here is his latest picture, above.

The rest of the pictures were taken yesterday at some of my shelters, until my camera died.



Candy's Back


Candy's Nose

Candy Pleading for me to Take Her Home!







Please spread the word about these precious animals, and don't forget Teddy, Fraser, Calvin and Lenny!

Have a great day!  Think Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Janine! I am positive you will be able to get Sally very soon and save her. Thank God for Another Chance Pet Rescue - and you!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy looks like a sweetheart and so pretty!

    OK, I need to take allllll the fluffy ginger kitties home! Mom's pretty oblivious and wouldn't notice, at least not right away. I'd just keep the cats in different rooms and tell her they move really fast. Of course they'd be eating twice as much so that could be a problem, not to mention the litter boxes filling up twice as fast. That would be a tricky one to explain! LOL!

    ReplyDelete