Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bittens!

CAUTION:  Objects in mirror appear larger (and cuter) than they really are (although definitely cuter in person)!  :)  My neighbor Tracy came over yesterday to see the kitten and said that it definitely is smaller than it looks in the picture!



/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*
Above is what the kitten just did while prancing on the keyboard.  I rescued this totally adorable 4-mo? old kitten yesterday, and its all over me as I type this!  I think I will name him/her Bittens!  So cute!!
A weekend update!

Gordie Pre-Adoption
Gordie/Boris After Adoption!
I heard from Gordie/Boris' new dad, and he summed up how this little guy is doing now since he was adopted two weeks or so ago:  CONTENTMENT.  :)

It was in the teens this morning when I went out on my rounds feeding 50+ cats that I do each day.  I go through 18 pounds of dry food every single morning.  And five large yogurt sized tubs of wet food, and four jugs of hot water.  This is what I lug around every single morning.  The forecast is calling for 2-4 inches of new snow for our area today, and the temps will be falling this week into the single digits, to zero temps, again.  ITs been a very brutal winter.  Each year, I wait for the Farmer's Almanac to come out with its prediction for the winter, and this year, I refused to believe it.  But they were right.  Ahhh, its less than a month until its officially spring here in Rochester, so I can hang in there.  But can the kitties.

The clinic I use for rescues is closed today to walk in appointments so Bittens remains sexless until tomorrow, but I do believe its a boy.  Although how many times have I been wrong on this?  too many.  :)

There is a very very thin black with white cat on Central that cries each morning, will let me touch it, and is very hungry.  Its got a plastic flea collar on it, but I don't think its neutered, and it could be sick from how thin it appears.  I will keep my eye on this. 

Otherwise, despite the three murders in the past 24 hours in Rochester on the West side of town, it was very quiet in the Beechwood section where I go.  Its something you think about, but its something you just do, nothing will stop me from feeding these desperate and hungry animals that wait for me every single day.    They are all of ours, and I thank you, each and every one of you for caring with your donations, be it with towels, food, bowls and plates, foster, adopting, and financial donations.  I couldn't do it without you.

Have a great day.

"Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll  try again tomorrow."

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for Gordie/Boris! He does look content indeed! The new kitten is adorable - I'm so glad you brought her in. Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up hope. Only about another month of this miserable weather!!! The end is in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janine, what's your house # on Brett Rd. I have a shopping cart full of cat food to send you from Walmarts. Much easier than my buying it.
    Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine I just love your quote today about courage. I hope I can remember that one since this winters been real tough going for me too.
    And Bittens is absolutely incredibly adorable. I am sure he/she will get adopted the second you post his picture. What a gorgeous little one. Thrown outside. Incredible. So glad you saw him and snatched him right up!!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gordie looks so happy and content! He deserves a cushy life from now on.

    Spring is coming! My great-aunt in England already has crocus and snowdrops. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bittens is an adorable name. He does look like a boy, maybe you could post a photo of his rear end and let your readers vote, boy-girl? ha ha ha.
    Seeing how Gordy/Boris is so content and thinking what his life would still be without your help just makes my heart well up. Saving the world one cat at a time.
    Very scary about those murders, tho'.....

    ReplyDelete