Monday, February 24, 2014

I did it Again,..... and Again.....

First off, someone asked in the comment how they could get a donation to me.  There are two links to the right that you can use to make a credit card donation, or you can send to me at my personal address, which I would be happy to give you if you send me your e-mail address.  Thank you in advance for your kindness to animals!

OK, so here is what the weekend was like for me.

Rewind two weeks ago.  I had called Scottsville Animal Hospital, a no-kill shelter to see if I could get Candy, the beautiful already spayed calico on Hayward, that I have been feeding for close to a year now, in one of their open spots.  They said due to kitten season, there would be a wait, but I gave them my info, even sent them a picture of Candy, and my blog link.  So Friday they called and said they had an opening but by then I hadn't seen Candy in over a week.  In the meantime, on Friday morning, I got a note from my friend Donna telling me that I needed to come and get Lenny because he attacked her cat, and swiped at her dog.  She just couldn't have her own kitties feeling threatened.  So Lenny was picked up and brought to the basement room of the my house.  So, when I got the call from SAH, I asked them if I could substitute Lenny for Candy, and if I could get Candy the next morning, if I could bring her in too.

Sissy/Susie

Sissie/Susie

Well, I didn't see Candy the next morning, but I did see the white kitty on Chamberlain with the black tail and possibly pregnant, and that is who was brought to SAH Saturday morning.  So, both Lenny and "Sissy" will have warmth, love and shelter until their eventual adoption.  I will call this morning to see if they can determine if she is pregnant, and how her combo test goes.  I feel bad about Lenny, but it was an opportunity that I might not be able to give him as fast as they are able to.  They have a very good adoption record.

Calvin
Another great story:  Last week someone contacted me because they saw Calvin on Petfinders.  She wanted to adopt him, without even having met him!  So, off we went on Saturday, me and my boy Calvin, who had a partial tail amputation due to an infection when I rescued him three weeks ago, and was neutered, given his shots, cleaned up nicely and turned out to be the sweetest kitty around, off we went to his new home, which consists of the cutest little six month old boy, the cutest little two year old girl, and a great set of parents!  His first night there he spent soothing the little two year old after the nightmare she had.  They all cuddled in bed.  GREAT STORY!!!

Sunday morning, I did see Candy, but this time at the Chamberlain location!  I knew she would be my next rescue, but I needed a break.  So I told her it would be soon.

In the meantime, look who we have here!




If you can believe it, after I pulled up to my last spot of the morning on Central, with it being 21 degrees out and snowing, this little guy (or girl) walked up to me crying.  Central is a very busy street, and this BABY! was outside.  At six in the morning.  I was pissed.  This is a BABY!!  I scooped him up and drove him home with me, and here he is!  He will need fostering and adoption, and a name!  Anybody?  :)  WHAT A CUTIE!!! 

Off to work, have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh he looks like Harry Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old do you think the kitten is?? Is it from you-know-who's house?? Great job saving him or her! :)
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. To whoever made the $100.00 dollar donation to Janine I personally thank you very much because Janine needs all the financial help she can get to continue to do the fantastic job she does on a daily basis for our helpless feline friends. Karon and I will mail out the $100.00 dollars we promised in our challenge on Wednesday. Thank You again for your kindness it does not go unnoticed,
    Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Walt for bringing Janine's good work with cats to everyone's attention through your letter to the editor not too long ago and your continued support. Rest assured she did find some new followers. :) - Carol

      Delete
  4. Love the tube of Stress Relief on the sink. Is that for you or the kitties?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the good news; three kitties in safe new homes...even if Lenny and white cat aren't exactly where you would want them...just yet. Did you see the new picture of Boris? Talk about contentment. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love today's post! Congrats to Calvin and his new family. He looks so much like my little Pumpkin, I"m sure they must be related.
    Best wishes to Lenny and Sissie at Scottsville. At least they're warm and safe now.

    That new baby is gorgeous!! And I noticed the Stress Relief on the counter, too. Hope it really works! heehee.

    ReplyDelete