Thursday, February 13, 2014

Updates

My Garden last Summer..
 
Both Molly and Rupert are staying in their homes for now, so we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Rupert went to the vet yesterday, and was treated for fleas.  He also had an ulcer in his mouth which was already healing by now, which caused the blood apparently when he was vomiting up hairballs. He was given cortisone, and flea medicine, and his 'owner' was given advice on the tub situation.  She stated she really did want to keep Rupert.  And Molly's mom was just frustrated, but swore she would never give up the little rambunctious kitten that was more like in her terrible twos in human years!  :)

So, its all good!  For now.

I saw 'pregnant' kitty this morning.  Now she doesn't look as pregnant as she did the other morning.  Now she doesn't even look pregnant, nor feel it when I gave her a good going over.  She allowed me to feel her belly good, and I just can't tell.   I will keep my eye on this, but one thing for sure, I need to start getting some appointments for TNR - the female black and white cat on Central that apparently belongs to Brenda, the ignorant woman on the corner there, had a litter about four months ago, and is probably pregnant again, although she won't get too near me when I go there each morning (the cat, not the woman - :).  Snickers comes running to me.  This is where so many cats have been rescued recently, the latest being Lenny.

Yesterday evening I visited with the foster mom Gail who is keeping Teddy warm and safe in her home, along with her little dog Gracie, and her sister and mom were there.  Her sister asked how I do what I do, and I just told her, I do it because all these animals are waiting for me every single morning, hungry.  They depend on me.  If it weren't for that fact, that they are sitting there in plain sight when I pull up to their spots, their shelters, I wouldn't be doing this.  Its hard work.  Its a lot of bending down, trudging through snow, glass strewn vacant lots, going behind abandoned houses with gang graffiti spray painted on them, lifting this board, sometimes having to put the shelters back again after hooligans come around and mess with my stuff, fighting homeowners who don't like the cats, going through blizzards to get it done, waking at 4 to get ready to go out, rushing to get to work afterwards, its all hard work.  Not to mention, the hundreds of dollars I spend out of my own pocket each month for them - and that is just on food.  The cost of taking them to the vet on the lucky days that I rescue them - its all very costly.   I don't know how I do it, but I do.



Please spread the word.  I need help with food and with encouragement!  I need people to take in these kitties and foster.  I need people to adopt the kitties I rescue.  Spread the word.

Have a GREAT day!
 
"Be slow to criticize, and fast to appreciate!"

5 comments:

  1. Janine,
    You truly are the Cat Saint. If only more of us had the strength to do what you do daily.
    God Bless You for all you do for our four legged friends.
    Walt& Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the bath tub wetting kitty keeps his home, one of mine is doing it but at least I can easily clean it down the drain, and YES the cat has been to the Vet about it, and is clear of everything, perhaps somebody else peed there one day even before we got the house and it still smells to cats ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the vet told her to keep water in the tub for now, and bring kitty to a room for a while with a litter box and go in and sit quietly and talk.

      Delete
    2. PS, good luck! :) They are so bratty, aren't they?

      Delete
  3. Great new photos of the kitties that need homes! Wendy B

    ReplyDelete