Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Catch Me if You Can!


Pregnant Kitty was not at her spot this morning, again.  Two days in a row.  I pray that the person that offered to foster her - through Another Chance Pet Rescue - continues her willingness to do so.  I am not quite sure.  I am hesitant to send her the note that the cat was not there again.  I don't know this person, and don't know how fast she will fill up with other cats to foster, and not knowing me at all, she might not make the exception if I am not able to rescue this sweet girl soon.

On another note, the woman Pat, who adopted Rupert in the fall, and named him Sugar - she wanted companionship for the other kitty she rescued from me - which I feel so bad, I don't remember his original name, but will make it my mission to go back and read through my blog to find it - he was a tabby, I know that for sure (I've rescued SO many, can you blame me for not remembering all?).  I spoke with her on Friday and she told me that "Sugar" had vomited blood.  After total astonishment that she had not taken the cat to the vet (she told me 'it was only once or twice'), I told her I would make the appointment at her vet - Brighton Animal Hospital for early the next week.  I called her today to tell her I had made the appointment for her and that I would pick them both up and take them, and she said 'you need to come get this cat, its eliminating all over my tub.'  I was pissed.  Here this cat vomited blood, and you'd think that with this new behavior, there is nothing wrong with it?  I told her I can't just take the cat back, and that it needed to be seen because something is wrong with it.  I told her that hopefully, with medication, it would be back to normal.  I don't think there is much bonding going on, much to my dismay.  To just say - come and get this cat, after nearly five months?  I am pretty upset about this. 

When I got up this morning, I thought the forecast was for overnight another 3-6 inches.  Nothing.  I thought, GREAT!  Well, when I got out to start my round, the snow started, and its coming down good.  I was a walking snowman at a few spots where I had to linger to change a towel, pat a head, or move some boards around.  I also have two new holes in my arm thanks to one kitty that decided he didn't like me moving the towels around.  It looks like a bite, but I am pretty sure it was two of his claws that got me.

That's it on this end.  It has not started out to be a good week, but I am sure it will get better.  I need to start to find homes for Fraser, Calvin, Lenny and Sweet Teddy, who I need to pay a visit to this week!  At least they are all safe.  I need to get Miss Pregnant Kitty and Candy off the street next.

Have a GREAT day!

"In this life we cannot always do great things. 
But we can do small things with great love."

7 comments:

  1. Yes, Sweet Teddy (formerly Sargent) is safe, and loved and very pampered. He likes to lie by the register and catch the heat coming out. For a cat that was rescued from frigid temperatures, that must feel like going to a spa! Whoever adopts him will have a new best friend for life; he's very happy to be off the streets.

    Gail Gutfrucht

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am worried and doubtful that this woman will not take Rupert to the vet. why do you trust that she will, when she said that you need to just come get him? and hadnt taken him in even with vomiting blood. it is pretty obvious that she doesnt really care about the cats.
    I agree that it stinks but I am worried that he wont get vet care unless you go and get him. or them, as you said.
    I have one being returned after a year, i am afraid, to make two out of two returned from the same person.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also worried that she won't take Rupert to the vet - I'm also worried that she will just toss him out because she is "done with him". Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is worried that this woman wont bring Rupert to the Vet and your probably right. Than why dont one of you go get the cat from this woman and bring and pay for Ruperts vet bill instead of getting on Janine? Janine can only do so much by herself for crying out loud. Please put your actions and money where your mouths are and give Janine a break and some much needed help!!!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My comments were in no way "getting on Janine". She is a saint in my eyes - I have given money to her in the past and I will do so again whenever I can. Unfortunately, I have a cat that doesn't like other cats, or else I would foster in a minute. I was simply stating out loud what I'm sure Janine is feeling about poor Rupert. Wendy B

      Delete
  5. What is up with this "Pat" and people like her? And she wants pickup service, too. Wow... There are some things (people) in life I will never understand. I'm sorry you have to go through this, Janine.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what to say about such a person who wouldn't take an animal to a vet when it's obviously sick. Well, I do know, I just can't.

    ReplyDelete