Friday, February 21, 2014

The Poop Trail


Oh what a terrible morning, for me at least.  It was raining cats and dogs!  Seriously?  It poured, and it poured, and it poured.  I was soaked right down to the skivvies.  Believe me, over the years, I've tried the yellow rain coat (too bulky), plastic sheeting (gets in the way), Wegmans bag over my head (I won't even go there), and nothing really works.  Good thing I could care less how my hair looks today, I can't control it, so it just doesn't matter.  I have super thick, curly hair, and it gets crazy if its not straightened, but that's $20 just for that, so its not done that often.  No, I can't do it myself.  I am just not coordinated.

I changed more towels than Carter's got pills.  Aren't I funny today.  TWO loads of towels today.  I think that's a first all winter.  I lay these towels down so that these animals have some semblance of comfort, if even for five minutes before they get soaked again.  The grounds are soaked, and so are the towels.  The towels are under lean-to's, or benches, or under roof tops, but the rain still gets in. 

There is a shelter on Fourth and Pennsylvania that I just couldn't figure out how it was getting so wet on the ground after Kristin and I secured it back in early January.  But now I realized, the whole thing will have to be disassembled and I will need to place another pallet down so that the food and towels are not soaked by the soon-to-be spring storms.

We are due heavy rain today, and severe wind - up to 50+ per hour.  For anyone who doesn't live in Rochester, its really not a bad city, weather wise, the entire country has suffered this winter, so don't let my forecasts fool you.  Last year was cake compared to this year.

Its Friday, I can hear one of my cats on the other side of the door coughing up a hairball or something, so I must get moving.

I wish you all a peaceful, safe, happy and healthy weekend!
 
"Sometimes you never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory that you wish you could experience again."  (so don't waste one - Janineism....  :))

7 comments:

  1. I like your Janineism :) lets have more :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. To all the loyal and devoted Cat Angel (JANINE) followers I have another challenge to make. Janines donation fund for shelters has been stagnant at $100.00 for sometime and Janine desperately needs financial assisstance so she can continue to do what she does daily for these helpless kitties. Therefore as soon as the donations reach $200.00 dollars I will send Janine $100.00 dollars matching your generousity. Thanking you all in advance for your consideration of my challenge.
    Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make out the check because I'm donating $100.

      Delete
    2. Like I stated above when it changes to $200.00 dollars I will send Janine my check for $100.00. Your donation of $100.00 hasn't shown up yet. Thank You,
      Walt Simoni

      Delete
    3. Walt how do I do it??

      Delete
  3. What a generous and wonderful offer, Walt and Karon! Praying that Janine's readers will take you up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine,
    Can you please tell me how to donate money

    ReplyDelete