Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Touched


I was completely touched and shocked to receive the above at work yesterday.  I never knew first off that:

a) cats could make phone calls
b) cats have good taste
c) cats have money!

The following note came with the flowers:

"With love from the hundreds of cats whose lives you touched.  Meow!  Meow!"

Touched beyond words, that is all I can say.  Thank you to whoever helped the kitties order these!  

The flowers helped perk up an otherwise not so great day.  I have a few stressors in my life that have been around for a while, but also some new ones that came about this week.  Two people have expressed frustration with kitties they adopted from me, and its terribly disheartening to know that people will give up their animals, especially when they have had them for a long while now.  I don't care if its behavior issues - in one instance it is (still a kitten), and in another its sick (going to vet today).  Y'all remember little Molly

Lucky/Molly
(misbehaving), and Rupert (the sick one).

Rupert/Sugar

We don't give our pets away.  Period.  The day we adopt them, its for better or for worse.  There are some circumstances, I understand, but for most, for petty issues, health issues, it can all be worked out.  You don't give an animal away because its obviously sick and you don't want to deal with it anymore.  Or its tipping things over in your house, and not loving you at your command.  They are innocent little creatures that have learned to trust you.  Don't do it.

Rupert will be picked up this morning and driven to the vet with its 'owner' and given a stern talking to.   This is a friend of the family, so I am biting my tongue right now.  There are folks in the world who are good through and through, and others who came in mean and will go out mean.  If I had a place for Rupert to be held/fostered, I would take him immediately.  He is obviously not getting love, to be discarded so quickly, but my hands are tied, I cannot take him while I still have Calvin, and four others in foster for me.  PLEASE SPREAD the word.  I am sure this will be a treatable situation, he just needs vetting.  Something he should have been given when the symptom first arose.

Thanks for being my sounding board.  AND for all your comments!

This morning was zero degrees, again, but I made the best for the animals on my route.  I did not see the pregnant cat today.

I wish you all a good day, and stay tuned for results of the vet visit.

 



2 comments:

  1. Wow. You packed a lot into one blog. SO cool that the kitties sent you flowers!! :) I pray that little Molly and Rupert will be ok and find loving, forever homes. My little cat Winnie was being naughty for a while -going peepee on my curtains and the dog bed - but we just kept washing stuff and throwing the curtians over the curtain rod so they didn't hang to the floor - and eventually she stopped! It seems to have just been a phase. I would never have considered getting rid of her ( we did take her to the vet to rule out medical issues). She is our child and you don't give up children because they misbehave. Anyway, I pray you find the pregnant kitty soon and that all these thing quickly work themselves out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%, Janine. I have adopted a number of rescue cats and have seen the dramatic and positive changes that can occur with patience, kindness, and much time. Those who adopt need to be prepared for some rough patches, especially during the initial transition. So glad you received the flowers. You are very deserving of them!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete