Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Christmas Prayer

TWO HOURS - 5 am. to 7 am.  That's how long it took me this morning.  Its really nasty out there.  High winds, freezing temperatures, snow.  It makes for a not so pleasant night/morning for these poor homeless creatures out there. After I finished up my fifth spot, I had only seen a total of four cats.  The diehards.  My shelters were a mess.  I had some extra boards, blankets, towels and tableclothes and did the best I could for them.   I spent a lot of time brushing off snow with my bare hands, and shaking out wet blankets.  I replaced straw in a tote that had blown and its opening facing west, where most of the wind was coming from.

The forecast for today is even worse, very strong winds and lots more snow.  Tomorrow will be another doosey, but I will do it no matter what.  I have to, these cats depend on me.

I want to thank everyone who has built me shelters.  These cats would be suffering a great deal more if it weren't for you.  Plastic, wood, it doesn't matter, each provide some comfort for them.

A CHRISTMAS PRAYER FOR ANIMALS

As Christmas approaches,
Dear God up above,
Please fill every heart
With compassion and love.

Fill all with the knowledge
That piglets and geese,
And turkey's are also
Entitled to peace.

Please let people see
That to harm and to kill,
Just doesn't make sense
At a time of goodwill.

This Christmas, dear God,
Please answer my prayer,
May love for all creatures
Abound everywhere.



1 comment:

  1. God bless you Janine, I thought of you this morning as I went out to feed the wild birds who were waiting for their suet. Inside, my Sandy and Monkey were still sleeping, no more patiently waiting in the brutal weather hoping to see again your car pull over for them, oh what it means to them....by adopting one of these abandoned creatures, especially in winter, is a small way for people who are also aware that these cats are in no way to blame themselves for their situation, is a rewarding way to participate in what you do alone, every day of the year. I dont know what would happen, if their was no Janine for them......

    ReplyDelete