Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jingles!!

I did it!  I got the little kitten!  I never thought I would be able to do it.  She sits across the street from where I feed the big boys on Garson, and when I go over to her, she runs under a porch.  This morning, I walked over to her and placed a bowl of food down, and over she came, and began gobbling.  As soon as I was able, I grabbed her by the neck and carried her to my car, and plopped her on the seat.  She froze.  Scared to death.  But then she just sat there in my lap and I heard a soft purring.  She was so thankful to be rescued, I am so sure about this.  I drove her straight home, and plopped her in the bathroom.  As I drove back to finish up my route, I decided to name her Jingles, as this is the name of one of Santa's elves.  This is fitting as I believe Jingles is a dwarf, or munchkin cat.  She has short legs.  Isn't she pretty???



I would have to say she is about two to three months old.  I am also guessing that she is a girl - although at this age, its very hard to tell.  Anyone interested?    I am so glad I got her off the street.  She appears to be a loner - where is her mama and papa?  Where are her siblings?  So sad when you see this, and can't do anything about it.  She is such a lucky little girl.  It would have been a tough season to survive alone out there.  Now I must find her a home!  Any takers?  :)

There are five others that I am dying to rescue - the first being my little grey boy on Parsells.  I still am having a hard time finding a name for him.  I named another grey on Third Street Grady, he is the second, the other is Hercules - he followed me back to my car this morning and actually jumped up on my lap.  Each time I placed him back on the ground, he jumped up again.  I had to push him away so I could close the door.  He is the one that was rescued from the boarded up house next door to where I feed Mr. Whiskers.   He is the third.  The fourth is Bugsy on Hayward, who also sat on my lap this morning in the warmth of my car.   And last but not least, is Mr. Kitty on Central.  These are the kitties that greet me each day, waiting for me to hold them, or give them a gentle pat on the head.  These innocent creatures just need a home, and they will give you years of love and joy.  Won't you consider?

NOTE:  I brought my camera out with me this morning, but realized the battery needed recharging.  I was able to charge it long enough when I got home to get the pictures of Jingles, but promise to take with me tomorrow to get some more shots, especially of the new shelter on Webster.

Have a great day!

"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

7 comments:

  1. Janine you are the best !! this kitty Jingles was surely seeking human help, and is a gorgeous looking kitty. What a Christmas present he would make for a special someone. He now has the peace of eating clean food without constantly guarding his life, his own warm bed and someone to call his own. Isn't that what we all want ? God Bless you, you have given him the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This very second, Jingles is the luckiest kitty in the world. I bet that first five minutes was like heaven on earth for that beautiful ball of fur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If any of Janine's kind supporters will cover to combo test this kitten for FeLV and FIV, I will take her and foster her in my rescue. Our's come combo tested when we pull them and that is a necessity to bring into a foster home. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much do the tests for FELV and FIV cost?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure what Janine's vet charges, but it is likely $40-50 Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janine, since you & I use the same Vet, I will pay for the FeLV & FIV tests for this sweet, rescued kitty! Please keep me informed. I'm taking "Tiny Tim"(Timmy) for nail trim on Thursday so will ask for cost as well.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very generous Wendy. I will cover all the rest of his vet work, neuter, vaccines, deworm etc. and put him/her for adoption thru my rescue :)

    ReplyDelete