Monday, December 17, 2012

Goodmorning!

It was a fairly busy weekend for me!  Despite me injuring the lower lumbar of my back Saturday morning, how - I have no clue, I was able to still hobble to every destination I had to, which included the 14 stops I make each morning in the hood, feeding all them cats!  :)  My sister's father-in-law's friend had offered last weekend to take one of my adult kitties off the street and into her home, so I had this in mind all last week, thinking which one she should have.  Would it be Bugsy?  Boots?  Grady?  Hercules?  Mr. Kitty?  Mr. Whiskers?  or Parsells (grey)?  Such a tough choice, as they are all deserving, and have been waiting, all of them, patiently, for me to scoop them up.  Hercules was my first choice, the black cat on Sixth that my cop friend sent her firemen friends over to rescue him from the boarded up house he'd been in weeks earlier for several days and they kicked a hole in the board so he could free himself.  He had been climbing into my car onto my lap and purring.  He wouldn't get out and each time I had to place him down and try to shut the door without him getting caught.  But, both mornings, he was missing.  I still haven't seen him since I think Thursday last week.  So I had to resort to Plan B.  I swung back around and grabbed Mr. Kitty, on Central.  I got him home and placed him in a room, where after I took him out of his carrier to check him out, he climbed up onto my chest and started to snuggle.  I have never seen a cat more immediatly grateful.  What a loving, gentle cat he is, and I am so thankful I've been able to rescue another.

However, my little Sugar boy is not doing well.  He is the brother of Cinnamon.  I rescued them both 14 years ago as baby baby kittens.  They were born to a feral mother.  They were always frightened of guests that came over, but have mellowed over the years.  Cinnamon has lost a ton of weight and her eyes are gucky, but he still eats well.  Sugar has not had anything to eat since at least Friday.  So, I will be calling the vet shortly to see what I should do.  My little Sugar.

Gingersnap a/k/a Jingles will be going to his new foster home tomorrow or Wednesday.  I will be so sad to see her go.  What joy it is to have a kitten in the house!  They are so carefree, so playful, so cuddly.  But I must make room for the others that need to be rescued from the streets.   Won't you please consider helping one of these sweet street kitties?  Have a wonderful day. 

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work
and to play and to look up at the stars."

1 comment:

  1. "Mr. Kitty", what a great name, maybe they will keep it ? I am sure they will keep him, he is very handsome and how kind they are, to want to give him love and shelter :) even the weather is working with you this month Janine, always very grateful to you, for your tireless work to give these cats some hope of a safe, and happy life.

    ReplyDelete