Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tuesday Happenings

Here is a picture of Scooter and Jingles.  Scooter is in the closeup.  Aren't they adorable?


I've been following the media frenzy on gun control this past week since the wake of the horrific tragedy in Connecticut on those precious babies that were murdered.  I can't help but think of how many guns are in the houses in the neighborhoods I venture out into each morning.  The poverty level in these neighborhoods is clear, yet you see BMW's,Cadillacs, and Mercedes in some of the driveways.  There have been shootings galore in these neighborhoods, mostly in the summertime, but I remind you again (Mom), I go out at one of the most safest times in a day, very early morning.  Even the crims need to sleep!  

Winter is almost upon us and I am dreading it.  It was colder out this morning than it has been, and I had to pick up a lot of wet towels due to the pouring rain we had most of the day yesterday.  I replaced them with nice dry cotton towels - I place them on the wood under the lean to's so that they don't have to stand on the cold wet ground.  This is why its important for me to collect wood - sheets of plywood, etc.  There are still so many shelters that need to be built up more to protect these cats. 

For instance, Stout.  This is where Morris aka Jack was rescued.  Two black kitties remain here.  One is fixed, the other isn't.  Here is a picture of what their shelter now looks like.  Its pretty pathetic.  I brought some boards a few weeks ago to board up the windows of this garage of a boarded up house.  Pretty bad, eh?  I can't even bring myself to touch some of that garbage that is in there.  Those are also couches you see.  But I have a clean blanket inbetween the two plastic hut shelters and a board over it.  I really need to build that up somehow.  The entrance faces west, where the storms come in from.  I need to do something here.  Any suggestions?


My little Jingles, whose name will be changed to Gingersnap (Another Chance Pet Rescue already has a Jingles - that is one of the pitfalls of giving up a cat to be fostered after rescue - you name them, but they inevitably always change their name) will be going to her new foster mommy later this evening and then off to the vet tomorrow for her surgery and shots.  I pray she has a happy life ahead of her!


The next picture is of Mr. Whiskers on Sixth, and a new companion that has been hanging around.  Still no sign of Hercules.  I wonder where he's gone to.  This shelter is pretty pathetic also.  Same deal, two plastic totes with a board over it.  I need help here also.




Finally, Mr. Kitty aka Toby, who I rescued Sunday morning.  Here is his rescue picture!  I was told he is doing great, is easily adjusting to his new brother kitty, and brother doggie.  And he slept on the bed his very first night!  Can you imagine?  Going from sleeping in a box in the cold outside, and a warm bed.  Glory be! 


Have a beautiful day!

"If you are not happy here and now, you never will be."

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photo of Jingles and her friend, so happy! About the only thing I can think of for that west facing garage, is a tarpaulin to cover the whole entry and about 6 inches off the ground so they can get under it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. have the entrances to the totes facing East- facing the garage wall and just far enough away from it fr them to fit between tote and wall. and if possible lean a board against the wall over them to keep snow from drifting into the space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. turn the totes to face the back of the garage

    ReplyDelete
  4. wet towels only draw heat from the cat standing on it - better to use nothing when it's wet - just put them down when it's not raining

    ReplyDelete