Sunday, December 23, 2012

And So This is Christmas...



"And so this is Christmas
And what have we done
Another year over"

John Lennon

And what have we done?
 
Its been a very tough year for everyone but no matter how tough it has been the homeless cats have had it so much worse. But they do have shelter and they have food and water. For so much of that I am so grateful to so many of you who have been there when I have needed you most. While this year is over and much has been done so much remains to be done.
 
Its been a good year too. So many cats rescued, so many cats spayed or neutered. Sadly some of them went back to the streets but many of them have found homes. Some very kind people, regular readers of my blog, have stood up and taken these cats into their houses and now instead of freezing this winter they will be warm, sheltered and well cared for.
 
In the years since I started this journey I have managed to get over 100 cats off the streets of Rochester into kind and loving homes. At 4 am. in the morning when I get out of bed I can think of all this kindness and then it all makes sense. Something good is being done and I cannot do it without you.
 
So many people have found a way to help. Some with donations of food or money. Some with building shelters and some others with helping me to trap and get these cats fixed so they cannot add to the homeless cat population. Just knowing that so many of you take the time just to read about what I am doing helps too.
 
But now I am going to ask you to do something. Find just 2 people to send a link to this blog. I am going to ask you to just get someone else to be as aware of the suffering of animals as you are. You don't need to send money, although that does help, just stay as aware of the suffering of these animals we all love so much and help to spread the word. The streets of Rochester have become my little corner of the world where I do what I can but out there across the country and around the world there is so much that needs to be done.
 
Each and everyone of us can do a little something to make this world a slightly better place and if enough of us do that little something then the world becomes a much, much better place.

Merry Christmas Everyone!


 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it has been a great year for the Beechwood area kittys, with much more to be achieved . The change in these cats is remarkable once in a non threating environment, and in such a short time, proves they are capable of feeling emotion, and bonding not only with humans, but other pets in the household. I am very grateful to Janine for the gift of "Big Red/Sandy" and the irresistable "Monkey", they have become fast friends to each other, a perfect pairing, on Janines part !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Janine! I think you're amazing and a true hero. I, too, believe that if we each can do our little part, we will make a difference in the lives of others. Have a blessed Christmas! Hope we can chat soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janine...You are an inspiration to all. You teach us how we need be...more like you.
    God bless you.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete