Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Heart Sick

As I was pulling up to the new shelter on Webster, my heart sank as I saw it stacked up on the side of the road.  Some evil person dragged it to the curb, along with the plates, water bowl, extra board and tarp and tilted it on its side most likely ready for trash pickup.   I was ill.  I got out of the car and singlehandedly dragged it back to its spot, reset it, and walked away just heartbroken.  I just don’t know what to do now.  For a second, I thought about just walking away from that spot.  I am still contemplating this, but I need help moving the shelter, which I will have this weekend, but its still only Wednesday, and that shelter could be destroyed, or removed while I am typing this.  And what about these poor cats.  I have not seen the white kitty since we placed this shelter there on Sunday.  I did see a red cat fly out of there on Monday morning, it must have been sleeping soundly.  Yesterday, there were three other cats sitting there waiting for me to place some nice wet food down.  This morning, there were no cats in sight.  Their world has once again been turned around.  No warm shelter for them, no food, no water.  I circled back around this morning three times before I went home to ready myself for work, hoping to catch the person who did it redoing it, but no such luck.  I may go on my lunch break and check it out again.  I could really use someone with a truck today to get it out of there before it is gone. 

I have some really good news for you.  I told you about my friend whose cat went missing.  Donna and Dan moved out to Ontario from Walworth in September, and have always allowed their cats to go outside, and they were always accounted for before bedtime and in the house tucked in for the night.  Paco went missing, and here is the happy ending:

“After 16 very long and saddened days, Paco is home safe and sound.  Dan got a call this morning from somebody who lives on the next street over which is at least ½ -3/4 mile away.  They found him in their yard last night and had the flyer that we put out.  They kept him in their house overnight and called this morning.  They also e-mailed us a picture of him and Dan knew it was him.  I was on my home from work at the time.  Dan went to go get him and Paco went running to him.  He has lost quite a bit of weight, but overall, he looks good and is still just as handsome.  We can now truly enjoy our holidays with the family back together!!  We are very happy!!  By the way, the people would not accept a reward.  I will make them up a nice cookie tray and bring it to them.  Thanks for all your concern and well wishes.
 
PS, I forgot the most important part that will make you smile.  No more outdoors for the kitties!!!  We are not going through this again.  Here is his picture his captors sent to me."

GREAT NEWS!  Many of the cats I feed on the street I am sure were lost at one point.  So this is great.

Jingles, the kitten I rescued yesterday, was VERY playful this morning after I moved her out of a tiny room into a larger room with lots of toys.  She was bathed last evening and looked like a scrawyny little thing.  Her fur is so soft and clean and luxurious!  She is one very happy little kitty!  I have a combo test appt. scheduled for her and if all goes well, a rescue group will take her.  So, say a prayer for her tomorrow!!  J

PS, I took a few pictures this morning, but don’t’ have the camera to download!  ARGH!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment