Friday, December 21, 2012

Welcome Winter!

NOT!  It officially arrived sometime after 6 am. this morning.   It was a mess out there with rain though, but I managed to get around and place a few boards down to try to keep the snow at bay, the snow we have arriving here in Rochester sometime today, although the rain was turning white while I was out doing some shopping this morning - I LOVE VACATION DAYS!!!  :)

I have not done a good job securing my shelters.  I wish I had more help, someone with creativity.  I need to use the tarps I have, but not sure how to secure them around these dilapitated shelters. 

Meet Earl - Lord Earl Grey.  I am still a little fuzzy with the name, but its OK for now.  He really reminds me of a girl, very petite little thing, beautiful light green eyes.  I still have not picked him up and held him, I am hesitant because he did a little swatting and growling when I have to move him around.  I placed him in a spare room with a window so he can look out.  He has probably spent his first night sleeping in silence, comfort and peace in a very very long while.  I wish these animals could tell their stories.   He had his shots, and has been neutered.  He is avaiable for adoption to the right home!  I can tell you, grey cats are my absolute favorite.  They are lovers to the end.  I have my Boris and Smokey already, and I've never seen such sweet, needy cats.  Pass the word!




2 comments:

  1. Welcome Lord Earl Grey....you lucky cat. Another of Janine's miracles. Merry Christmas sweetie. I'll be stopping at your house sometime this weekend. No biggie if you're not there....not sure yet which errand I'll connect it to. Love you, Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is beautiful, I cant believe how many of these cats you can catch Janine, I know you have been seeing them for many months/years and you have never given up on improving their life. You will do it again for this fellow, he looks to have some fancy breeding about him in his genes, a regal type to have grace a real home for someone ?

    ReplyDelete