Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Short and Sweet


Prayer For Animals

God Our Heavenly Father, You created the world to serve humanity's needs and to lead them to You. By our own fault we have lost the beautiful relationship which we once had with all your creation. Help us to see that by restoring our relationship with You we will also restore it with all Your creation. Give us the grace to see all animals as gifts from You and to treat them with respect for they are Your creation. We pray for all animals who are suffering as a result of our neglect. May the order You originally established be once again restored to the whole world through the intercession of the Glorious Virgin Mary, the prayers of Saint Francis and the merits of Your Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ Who lives and reigns with You now and forever. Amen.

Saint Francis of Assisi



Yesterday morning, as I was pulling up to my spot on Short, I ‘spotted’ (ha ha) a (cute) younger man wiping off his windows which were full of dew due (another ha ha!) to the warm but humid weather we were having.  It must have been in the 60s, which is wonderful for this time of year.  Its just a tease though, winter weather is supposed to be arriving today.

Mr. Kitty
Anyways, I got out of my car with bag of dry, container of wet, and water jug to go feed, and spoke to him saying ‘goodmorning!  I feed the cats here’ as I pointed to the little wobbly and poorly constructed shelter.  He started to smile and say ‘oh, that’s you!’, and I walked up and shook his hand, introducing myself.  His name was Rob, he began to tell me that he loves cats, has had them but could not any more due to him moving so much.  He told me he was on his way to Buffalo to take a test for school.  He mentioned that he had pictures of his old cats on Facebook and I told him he should ‘friend’ me on there.  He began to search for me on his phone, after I told him to Google me for - Janine’s never ending cat rescue blog – and it would give him all the information.  I told him what I did, that I went around and fed over 50 cats every day, and this was one of my spots.  I pointed to Sixth Street and told him about the cat that was rescued thanks to my friend the cop and the firemen.  He told me I was a saint to do what I do, that he has seen the shelter and knew someone was trying to care for the cats.  We exchanged a few more words, and off he went!  As usual, when he first spoke and said what a good thing I was doing, my eyes misted because these kind of people are SO FEW AND FAR BETWEEN in these neighborhoods.  My heart is touched each time I meet someone who tells me that I am doing GOOD.  Most people hate what I do but won’t bother me for it.  Although a few do bother me for it.  And tear down my shelters.  They will never understand that they aren’t hurting me, they are hurting these precious homeless, needy animals.  If people in these impoverished neighborhoods just went one step further in turning their hate to love, and helping me to fortify these shelters so that these animals could survive another winter in some semblance of comfort, it would be a blessing.

Today I held Mr. Kitty in my arms, and I told him he would be rescued soon. 

Mr. Kitty
  
 I held Grady in my arms and told him the same thing.  Here is where Grady lives - he needs rescuing very bad: 
Third Street

I also held Monkey in my arms, and told her the same thing. 

Monkey, just after her spay

I must get these cats a home, and quick.   Please spread the word!!


1 comment:

  1. What beautiful kittys they are, it seems such a small thing to ask for someone to allow these cats a place in their home, just 3 harmless little beings that have nothing... for somebody to offer them a place, then watch them thrive in a new home is a beautiful feeling, and it continues to grow as these lonely cats quickly attatch to a friend, a saviour. They know when they are "home".

    ReplyDelete