Thursday, December 13, 2012

All is Calm, All is Bright

Yes, the shelter was still there this morning.  Thank God.  I worried about it all day and all night yesterday.  First thing I thought of upon awakening this morning.  Big Whitey was there sitting on top of it this morning.  He is a really nice cat.  I left a message stating: "I own this property - do not touch this shelter or you will be arrested for trespassing and theft!" along with my cell  number.  Hey, I will do anything!  May have someone stake out the corner later today to see whats up there. 

The next thought I had as I awoke this morning was of Jingles!!!  Isn't she CUTE!



She is quite the rascal!!  You should see her play!  She runs from one side of the room to the other, jumps up on the bed and down, jumps high up into the air to get her toys...  she is very spirited.  She is a little biter too which I must break her of, but her teeth are so tiny you can barely feel it.  Such a cutie patootie!

Jingles is going in today for a combo testing for Leukemia and FIV.  If all is OK, Another Chance Pet Rescue has kindly offered to take her and put her in their adoption process.  She will be shown at Petco each Saturday after she gets her vet work done (shots, neutering, etc).  The only sad part of this for me is that I am not in control of who she gets adopted out to.  Thats always hard, especially for me because I bond with the cats I rescue from the street pretty quickly.  Its almost like they are my children and I have to give them up for adoption to a 'better home', so to speak.  I have to keep reminding myself that I do it to make room for another to be rescued, which there are FIVE of right now, all adults.  The kittens come first though, these tiny helpless creatures.  I just can't imagine how he has survived all this time.  He certainly has had to defend himself out there.  He is very leary of other cats, for sure.  I let Rufus in to play with him last night, and he is coming around.  He was hissing at first, but that'll change.  And he has learned how to use his litter box!  Good Jingles!  :)  (you'll notice how I go from he & she here..  will find out what sex Jingles is at the appointment today!) 

Julie suggested that I might want to post the following:  its for a free can of cat and dog food.  She thought it might be a nice idea to send to me!  Thanks for thinking of me Julie!  :)  I hope you can all open this link up:
http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_PurinaCoupons1112.aspx

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone! 

"Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind."

2 comments:

  1. Way to go team Janine, ;) you are unstoppable girl !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jingles is so adorable! Crossing my fingers for her tests.

    ReplyDelete