Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Howl of the Whisperers

That is the name of Patricia Peterson, my Aunt Patty's, third novel.  Its a mystery, and its a good one, according to the members of my family who have read it thus far, and the press.  Check out the website to order a copy:  http://www.authorhouse.com/.  Its GREAT! 

As far as howling, the winds were howling in Rochester last night, up to 78 miles per hour they were.  I thought my house was going to blow down.  Scary.  And I was a bit nervous going out this morning checking on my shelters, but most were still in place, thank God.  I had some very frozen towels covering some of the shelters that I had to bend into place, or replace, and a few boards were scattered, but most were accounted for.  Its amazing how trees can tumble in winds like that, but little paper bowls stand in place on the ground.  Well, maybe the law of gravity has something to do with it, or the law of something, but it is amazing.

Big Red was missing again, and Poppi on 4th and Pennsylvania hasn't been seen for a few days.  I worry about her, so dainty.  There is a very skinny young kitty, maybe 6 or 7 months at my first spot that needs rescuing desperately.  If anyone can think of a situation where a young kitty is needed, I can try to help get it fixed, and placed.

Updates on Miss B. and  Wally, Miss B. has moved into her new pad.  She is not in need of much, but
I need to talk her out of smoking in the house so that I can get Buster and Midnight moved over there, besides a few other issues, and Wally misses me.  He was promised a futon a while back, by me, from someone who was donating it, but that fell through, so if anyone knows of a couch or bed for Wally, clean obviously, he would be forever grateful.  His mattress, in his living room, you can feel the coils coming through.  Pretty pathetic actually.  But I am so grateful to all that have donated anything to both of these individuals.  I need to step back and take a break for myself for a while.  I need to let them both take care of themselves for a change.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment