Friday, January 13, 2012

And So It Begins....

Friday the 13th, the first storm of winter...  how fitting...  While you were all in your snug beds, maybe listening to the hard rain/snow pounding down on your windows, and the wind howling outside, I was making my way to my first stop with boards in hand, trying to figure out a way to shelter the food for the four sweet kitties on that corner.  I STILL could not locate a place to put the boards down to place the food under so that at least that wouldn't be covered in snow by the end of the morning.  We are supposed to get a lot of snow today, and the winds will be fierce, and I still cannot locate shelter for these cats.  But I did place the food down under a very heavy large bush by this house, and they came and ate, after not eating yesterday when the rain was so bad there was no way it would not be swimming in water within minutes. 

Yes, this is time of year I dread.  Not only is it hard on the cats, its hard on me.  I was covered in snow driving from spot to spot.  When the snow begins to accumulate, I have to wade through it to get to the locations.  I have not seen Big Red in a few days now, I worry so about him.

In the meantime, I continue to try to adopt out Buddy and Rufus, and I have Buster and Midnight waiting to go to Miss B's house as soon as she gets situated.  She has been MIA in my book for four days now and I am a bit upset by it as there is stuff I am trying to help her with and her cell phone minutes must be up and she hasn't purchased new ones.  Crazy how some people can live. 

Mr. Oppossum was on Third Street, all snug in the straw, and I had to chase him out with a stick.  Saw lots of kitties using the tote shelters that were donated, thank you so much.  They surely will come in handy with these kind of storms.  Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment