Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Cat, The Raccoon, and the Fox!

Yes!  I saw all three in the past 12 hours!  It was absolutely MISERABLE out there this morning.  Pouring pouring rain when I left the house at 5:15.  It started to let up right around the time I was finishing my last stop.  The only part of my body that wasn't soaking wet were my feet because I wore my pink wellies.  I had my trusty yellow raincoat, but even that didn't stop the rain from getting inside and down my neck.  I stopped at the first stop, where there are four beautiful cats that greet me, and I couldn't even find a spot to place the food down without it getting soaked, its my one spot I have NO shelter for due to no vacant houses around.  Not even the kitties were there to greet me, so I went on my miserable way.  I really have to wonder sometimes how I can do this.

Last night, after not hearing from Miss B. for a few days because I think her cell phone has run out of minutes, and she has supposedly moved into her new place because the gas and electric was turned on Tuesday, I went over there with some stuff for her and to check on her.  No sign of her. I don't even think she owns a lamp, so she was not staying there I don't think.  Anyways, after doing a U-turn on her dead end street, I saw up ahead something that I thought must have been a dog, then as I got closer saw a lot of fur, then saw a red fox!  Amazing how these creatures are in the heart of the ghetto.  Poor thing.  I hope it survives and finds wilderness, somehow.  I am hoping Miss B. will contact me today so I can give her some stuff that has been donated to her.  I thank everyone that had any part of that, from her Christmas gifts from Sharyn, Jessica's Mom, to Pat.  And everyone in between.  Thank you.  You have enriched someone's life a little more than they ever had.

After trapping lil' red kitty yesterday morning, thanks to Julie for taking care of the payment for the spay, and thanks to Val for bringing kitty to the clinic, and back to my porch, I was able to let it go.  I didn't feel as bad this time because of the mild weather.  Poor thing was very doped up, but it managed to race out of the cage once I opened it.  I pray it survives and lives a long life.  I have a picture of it, but cannot download until I get a new computer monitor.  I have issues at home and one of my cats peed on it, before I banned the cats from the computer room, and now you can't see the tabs at the bottom of the screen.  So, must get new monitor.  Joy.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Fox will eat cat - google it - it's true!

    ReplyDelete