Monday, January 9, 2012

Feed Me!

Thats what they say when I pull up.  My first spot, I have four cats RACING to me.  It was quiet out there though this morning, and this weekend.  Not much really happening - the weather has been mindblowing.  We have had two great months so far, being winter and all.  Just a trace here and there of snow.  No below zero degree days.  Wonderful.  Forecast today:  sunny and 40 deg.  I'll take it.  So will the kitties out there. 

Nancy came with me Saturday to try to trap the kitty thats eyes have been sealed shut with infection.  No luck.  We trapped one, but not the right one.  We let it go.  Where am I going on a Saturday morning with it?  No clinics open for spaying on Saturdays.  Will try again though.  I have a chance, maybe, for two neuterings this Wednesday, although the more I think about it, I can't afford it after a very expensive weekend I had.  My Cinnamon was close to death on Friday, and she cost me $350 with tests.  After eye drops, pills and Lisine ointment on her tongue three times a day since, she is doing much better, but I had a lot of unexpected financial situations this weekend, and I can't afford the $50 per cat at the clinic, so will have to wait for next payday.  Life sucks sometimes, when it comes to money.  Really.  Doesn't it?  Back to Nancy, she is the girl that took four beautiful babies off the street recently.  She has Abby and Snowflake, the two sick kitties from Second, who are much better, she took Emma, mama to Rufus and two other girls that a woman adopted in September.  I still have Rufus.  She also took in Boots, or Cutie Pie as she has been calling her, from behind Wally's house.   She had a neck wound that is also healing nicely.  What a saint this woman is.  God has a way of bringing people into our lives at certain times, and this was a good time for him to bring her to me.  These cats needed rescuing.  Thanks Nancy.

Miss B. will finally be moving into her apartment on Tuesday, and will take Midnight and Buster off my hands.  I can use the downsizing.  Her new place is minus a stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer, but she doesn't care.  Can you imagine living in a women's shelter for four months?  She is so grateful that someone accepted her.  I am happy for her.  She is a neat woman.  Really.  I like her.  Speaks her mind, and is very honest.  Thats what I like in a person.  If anyone has ANYTHING they would like to donate, I would be ever so grateful.  Friend Mary has donated a bed, and linens, and a chair.  Otherwise, she doesn't have much else.  No TV, not even an electric skillet to cook her meals until she gets a stove.  Gotta be tough, but so is she. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janine,
    what size clothes would you say Wally and Miss B are?
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose! Miss B is probably a large - she is short, but chunky above her waist. Skinny legs. Wally is about 6'1 and slender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Wally is a large I may have some nice clothing to donate to him. never worn. If Miss B could use some household items like coffee mugs, decorations, I may have some for her. I am going thru lots of stuff right now and would prefer to donate it to her. Rose

    ReplyDelete