Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Mania!!

We had our first significant snowfall last night.  I thank God that the temperatures are not as low as they could/should be for this time of year.  So far I have actually managed to go out on my route with out my shovel.  Believe me, I have shoveled paths for my babies in years past.  The snow gets so high you can't even see their little heads as they hop through the snow.  But I made sure each of them had a towel to stand on over the snow to eat and drink before I left them.  And I made sure the sheltered spots had a dry towel inside. 

This is a quick post as I have to head to Newark to work today, after having my breaks serviced on Friday for $325!  What a RIP!.  But I needed it.  I guess what I do each day really wears and tears more than the average.  They were mading a high pitched squeaky sound and when diagnosed, was told they were metal to metal.  No choice.  Oh well. 

Pictured here is a kitten that was next to my car yesterday crying her little head off.  She is very thin, and I will be posting an ad for her on Craigslist and the newspaper today.  My very kind neighbors have taken her in after I begged - I am so bad - and I am sure her husband could kill me - but we need to find her home.  She is definitely a stray that has lost her way.

I also drove Wally to visit Miss B's new place.  He enjoyed getting out, and I learned he is just like me, we don't like to stay in one spot too long, so we chatted for about 10 minutes and were out of there!  He asked if we could drive over to his son's across the city, which I" didn't mind.  It was nice to see him out and happy.  As we drove through the inner city, he reflected and pointed out certain places, where he used to live, landmarks - two whorehouses...  we laughed.  Wally has lived a full life, and is content for now with his lot.  He dreams of traveling to Jamaica, and every once in a while, with a dollar and a dream, he tries to make that a reality with a lottery ticket.   Of course he promises me part of his winnings so I "can take care of Buster and all the other homeless kitties".  Thanks Wally, I hope so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment