Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Silent Night

All is calm, all is bright...  yes, a full moon morning again.  Its wonderful, not only to see a full moon, but to be ABLE to see the moon.  Rochester is not known for its great weather in the winter, and we rarely have clear nights.  So, yes, its a good thing, as Martha Stewart would say.

All was quiet on the homefront.  The kitties were out in full force.  Big Red seems to travel in between three spots.  He is either on one street, at two different houses, or on the next street at another abandoned house.   This abandoned house, that I have had a couple of kitties neutered at last year and returned, looks like it was on fire at one stage - the house looks gutted, windows all open and exposed.  One morning recently, I was on the porch talking quietly to the kitties and placing their food down, and the front door opened.  Out walks this guy, and I said 'what are you doing?' and he said 'taking a pee', and I am like, WTF, why is this guy IN THE HOUSE 'taking a pee'?  Anyways, after a brief conversation, he was trying to wake his sister up where he lives in the house across the street (apparently he had just gotten dropped off or something - yes, its 5:30 am.), but couldn't, his phone died, and he was just sick of being outside.  Don't ask me, yes, its odd, but he was harmless, and wasn't hurting the kitties, and wasn't doing drugs, so I didn't make a deal of it.  We introduced ourselves, and I was on my way.  My point in this story:  days later, the door was boarded up.  But my stuff was still there!  My carrier that a cat actually sleeps in, my towels and blankets, my board covering up the food and the entrance to the carrier, and the bowls of food and water.  I was thankful.  Whoever owns this house, or the city worker if the city owns it that came, respected what I was doing, and obviously had a heart for the animals. 

Anyway, thats my story for the day.  Not much going on out there, or in my head!  Gotta get to work now, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment