Saturday, December 31, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

The song's Scots title may be translated into English literally as "old long since", or "long long ago "days gone by" or "old times". Consequently "For auld lang syne", is loosely translated as "for the sake of old times".

Yes, it is New Years Eve Day.  Australia is already into the thick of 2012 - they being 16 hours ahead of us Americans - well maybe not into the thick of 2012, but into the thick of the first day at least!  Its been a crazy year, its had its ups and downs, but about this time of year I had rescued at least five pregnant cats and gotten them off the streets, they produced their litters, most of them and all had or have been neutered, and I rescued at least 10-20 more and either had them brought to shelter due to their sickness, or have had the rest adopted.  Thats a really good thing.  I've made a lot of new friends through this passion of mine, and have learned that people aren't as bad as I think they are.  They are human just like me with their ups and downs, just like mine, and we are all in this together.  Some of us are more compassionate than others, but all in all, most people are kind and caring individuals that want to help animals in some form or another.  I have met many giving individuals, and maintained my relationsips with many that have already been in my life.   I am thankful for each and every one I have met along this journey.

Nancy and I rescued another little black and white kitty from Grand this morning, which Nancy will keep, and she has named her Lucy, at my coaxing, I just like the name Lucy!  I rescued another little girl that I named Lucy who was pregant - get it - Loose girl....  ha ha.  She is a scrawny little girl, not sure if neutered or not, but she is off the street for the winter.  Each morning she comes out of her little cat carrier I have enclosed in warm blankets, so I know she needed to be rescued.  Not sure what to do with the others, must touch base with the girl who is offering a barn.  Must get Big Red off the street. 

Also, I had asked you for your rescue stories, but no one responded until now!  Thank you Rene, a girl I've never met, but she has a love for animals that makes me melt!  Here is what she says, and here is the picture she shared (I am sorry about the size of it, I just can't seem to get pictures on this blog anymore):

Okay, is this the cutest - funniest thing you've ever seen?!! This is Spookie, a Chinese Crested. My husband's good friend adopted him from RAS. He wasn't there long, because I saw him and called Guy (that's the friend's name) to get down to the shelter right away - he beat me there! He constantly buys him new shirts and jackets and obviously booties. Guy has thanked me a number of times for calling him. He said that Spookie saved his life. I love happy stories.




"To the world you are just one more rescue person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"The godly care for their animals, but the wicked are always cruel." Proverbs 12:10





No comments:

Post a Comment