Friday, December 23, 2011

Winter Solstice

It was two days ago.  Funny how it doesn't seem like winter without the white stuff.  Although winter is officially upon us, just yesterday was the first day, its days are already numbered, which is wonderful.  I feel better about that somehow.  Instead of three months of misery for the cats, it will only be two.  I love the snow, but I only dread it for the cats.  I love all four seasons, they all have something good about them!

Miss B. invited me to the holiday celebration at the Women's shelter yesterday.  I was honored to be invited, as she had to clear it through the director there.  Its obviously a shelter for women for a reason, so in order to even get in the place as a visitor, you have to be 'cleared'.   I was floored when I met the 18 women in there, and the comaraderie that was shared among them.  It was clean and organized.  There was a good handful of babies and children.  All these women have their stories, but they were all very well mannered and grateful, obviously, for this haven.  Miss B. I was told did all the cooking, most of it at least, there was fried chicken, collared greens, mac & cheese, macaroni salad, beans and wonderful desserts.  As they said grace before their meal, I was just so humbled.  And to think this was all on account of CATS!  If I hadn't met Miss B. and fallen in love with her kindness towards animals, and her sense of humor, which is so similar to mine, I would never have the opportunity to see this side of life.  Hopefully never.  I am just so grateful.

I have two wonderful kind women coming over tomorrow morning to go on my rounds, and we are going to try to get Emma, the mommy kitty, and the little kitten on Second Street who has a URI trapped.  One of these women has offered to take both.  They are both sick, and she has offered to help.  So many people out there who are so kind hearted to do something like this.  Its a burden but one that thankfully people are willing to bear.  I am just so grateful.  Wish us luck, and I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment