Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Winter has Arrived


Yes, Old Man Winter is finally settling in upon us.  This early morning, the rain we had soaking everything yesterday has finally turned to snow, the temperatures are plummeting, and the wind is howling.  Supposed to be 40 mph wind gusts, which will bring the temps down into the teens.  Its nasty out there.  I braved it to be sure my babies were high and dry.  I had to change some wet towels out there, but inside their cozy little cat carriers, that are covered in blankets, most on porches of abandoned houses, its dry.  I had to secure some boards to cover the food dishes from the wind.  My first spot is the opposite end of the street where I had a problem with sheltering a lot of cats this past summer, and now that I've found Wally and am feeding at his place, and he took in Buster, I have to deal with this opposite end, where there are some very beautiful sweet cats waiting for me each morning.  This morning though, I got out with food and bowls in hand, while little Black Puff and Whitey greet me each morning, and went in search of a shelter to place the bowls out of the nasty wind gusts.  I went to a side of a house just on the corner and placed the bowls down.  At least it blocked the wind somewhat, but not sure what I will do when the snow accumulates.  All in all, I am hoping I made a diffference to most of my babies out there today.  Oh, and to Mr. Possum who greeted me with a smile, and a snarl, at my last stop.  Chased him away with a stick.  Poor guy, can't get a break.  :)  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment