Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Days Gone By...

People ask me, how did you start doing this, why this spot, why that spot?  I can never remember.  I just was chatting with a friend for a second on Facebook, because it was she that 'turned me on' to this, and she has a much better memory than me!  I say 'turned me on' because I was having lunch with her and her friend, prior to 2001, and her friend mentioned having seen cats behind the restaurant.  And thats how that began.  Then my route became bigger and bigger.  Wow, that was how many years ago?  I would have to say at least 12-15 years ago.  The more cats I saw, and knew they were sick and starving, the more I fed.  I remember one spot came about because someone I knew said they had a co-worker that was leaving their job and moving to Buffalo and she was going to abandon her cats if she couldn't find a home.  That was on Hayward.  I have since rescued around six cats from that street, including Mama Girl, Betty, Jack, and a few others.  This is also where Red, Big Red, and Emma reside.  She did abandon her cats by the way.  Another start up came when I was coming home from the public market and took a side street that allowed me to see, with the headlights of my car, that there were about 8+ cats in the field ahead of me, on Bay Street and First, and I just had to get out and give them food, then brought shelter, then got permission from Wilbert to begin feeding there.    So many memories...  ha!

It was a chilly damp drizzly morning out this morning, but I am thankful to have placed food, water and dry towels down for the babies.  So many out there, so many needing homes.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment