Sunday, December 4, 2011

Roadkill


I picked up another cat off the road this morning that had been hit on Bay Street. This is the second one in a month for me. The poor baby’s head was crushed this morning, the rest of her body intact. I am sure this poor animal did not suffer for a minute. I was thinking about the person who hit the cat, and just left it in the road – was it some 80 year old man that neither saw nor heard it, was it a cop on its way to a call and had to make the decision about whatever he/she was heading towards, or go back for the cat, but just kept on driving, was it some young person, the typical kind of person in that area that lacks compassion towards animals, that hit it and just kept going without a hesitation. I personally could never hit and then leave an animal. Not even a chipmunk. I love every kind of animal, whether it be a bear, or a tadpole. Anything that has a heart and it beats, I love.

People think I am a cat person. I am only a cat person because they are the most neglected of all the four legged animals. We as humans turn the other way when we see cats outdoors, thinking they have a home, or they will live by eating mice. We are the biggest abusers in the world to cats. I would be a dog person if it were dogs roaming the streets, hiding out under porches, eating garbage from garbage cans trying to stay alive. It just happens to be cats that are the overpopulated creatures we see out roaming. That’s another reason I don’t believe in letting your cat outdoors. You take that chance the moment it goes out that it won’t come back to you again. It could get hit by cars, it could get attacked by another animal, it could pick up God Knows What out there. I have a friend in Colorado who has a cat named Three’er because her first two cats were eaten by the coyotes in her back yard.

Speaking of cats indoors, you will never believe what happened. You know how I’ve been hoping Wally would take a cat. Well, I brought over a small lasagna I made yesterday for him, and thankfully Miss B. was there too, but she doesn’t like Italian food, but Wally was very appreciative. I also brought him a strand of Christmas lights, blue, for his little place, to liven it up, along with an old comforter I had, and a Christmas table cloth for the new donated kitchen table he was given last weekend by a good dog rescuer friend of mine, Dee. Anyways, I also brought over a small litter pan, litter, scooper, wet and dry food, and was going to tell Wally I really needed him to take Buster in for the winter, that he would make a good companion, and he would be saving a cat, and not to mention continue to get scrumptious meals from me! J But he called me and said ‘bring over a litter box please’. I couldn’t believe it. Well, he agreed to take Buster in, now we just had to get him! This morning, as I stopped to put food and water down for the kitties that eat outside his house, near the lean to I have there, I looked up and saw Buster in the window! Miss B. must have gotten him sometime after I left yesterday afternoon! So that is GREAT NEWS! Another cat off the street!  Pictured here are my two kittens available for adoption, Rufus (white and black) and Buddy.  Are they not the cutest!


Rufus and Buddy


No comments:

Post a Comment