Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The What Ifs, The Haves, and the Have Nots

I am not one to wallow in bad times, and I really rarely complain about my life, although I have been known a moment or two with a few friends where I've had my own pity party over the phone, but then I get over it quickly.  And I think thats natural for everyone.  No one's life is perfect.  Thats the way God made it -- we have to work to have what we have, and want only what we need.  We learn the latter when we 'mature'.  :)  I have yet to, but its just around the corner, I can feel it.

The What If is what if I never started to do what I do, feeding cats.  I would have an extra $6,000 in my pocket each year, I would be more alert and younger by catching up on the sleep I am deprived of, and I would be able to take a fabulous vacation once a year, maybe.  The Haves, I have a lot of those.  I really am blessed by good health, a great family, great friends, and a regular income.   I am not blessed by security, I take my job security day by day, and financially, I live paycheck to paycheck.  That causes stress in my life, which leads to poor health, and aging.  Blessed by friends I have met through this blog who have donated shelters, money and food to me, not to mention little gifts for Miss B. and Wally.  Blessed by co-workers who have donated gloves, scarf and a jacket to Wally.  The Have Nots, I was blessed also by a good upbringing, even though my father was not in the picture full time when I was growing up, my mother did her best to raise me and my sister by a good steady income, and we had more than most in my circle then.  We had family cottages on Conesus Lake my whole life.  I thumbed my nose at the 'public beach at Charlotte'.  We were spoiled.  We never lacked for anything.  I've learned the difference in welfare and doing good, is that if you are on welfare, what you want, you make due without it, and when you are better off financially, what you want, you get.  Eventually.  You save, you work harder. 

I know I am off on a rant here, so forgive me, because it really is all about the cats, right?  They were out in full force this morning, but I do dread tomorrow as the weather we've been having is going to change for the worse, and I am NOT looking forward to trudging out there in the windy nasty morning we are supposed to have.  I still need boards and I still need shelters. 

The picture I've included is of Gixr, my friend Jessica's kitty.  Isn't she CUTE!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a spoiled cat! Who would let a cat sleep in her bed like a baby? She's probably some crazy cat lady whose life completely revolves around her cats. LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete