Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I keep hearing that song playing through my head - I think its Nat King Cole that sings it?  Yes, its Christmas time and you hear all the songs, and I do love them - they help me through from my down times, when I think about all the sad things in life.  I hope you all know I do try to keep my blog upbeat, because I have had several people say its hard to read my blog because of the sadness, so I try to keep it positive, and tell you about the good stuff.  But once in a while, its hard.  Like this morning, there is a kitten, about 5-6 months, with a terrible upper respiratory infection, it has stuff coming out of its nose, you can hear the breathing.  Some of you condemn me for not trapping more, but where am I going to bring these cats, and who is to say I can get that particular one when there are so many at that spot.  I have rescued LOTS, including Buttons last winter, from that spot, but there are so many.  In fact, there are two there that have been TNR'd (trap, neuter and return) that are as friendly as can be and run to meet me each day.  Who has the time, or the facilities to bring the cats to once they've been trapped.  Not me.  I have a full time job.  More than full time, and thankful today that I have it because who knows how long I will have it.  My boss keeps reminding his staff that changes are coming after the first of the year.  I am the lowest on the totem pole, so who knows.  But I keep it positive, for myself, I have to.  I give the ones I can touch a pat and a scratch, feed them all, try to make them as comfortable as I can with the conditions they are in, and pray for them.   I mention the sick ones because I have hope that someday, some higher being will step in and fix this problem.  Will help me out here.  I say higher being - whether it be God, or just some Godly person who has an answer to all of this.  Bring it on!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment