Sunday, December 11, 2011

She won this round...

Well, she finally did it, the Witch of Grand Avenue finally got her way. Wally and I spoke yesterday on the phone telling him I was going to swing by really quick to drop off some Chili I made, and he told me his landlord wanted my stuff out. He said the landlord was sick of listening to her complain to him about the shelter on the side of the house, and asked Wally to ask me to move it. I went over there ready for tears, and Wally took me to his back window and pointed to where I could move it. He got his coat and went out with me and actually helped me move it to the house next door’s back yard against a wooden fence. He swore to me it was his ‘nephew’s place, and that I wouldn’t have a problem. I was in tears by this time, not just for the fact that these cats ‘shelter’ was displaced again (the first time was when they were literally discarded in the first place – they are all strays that I feed – whether they got out of the house, or people moved and just left them there) but because this woman got her way. This “Christian woman”. This is what she called herself when she first apologized to me and told me I was doing “good” for these animals. Until it was on her own doorstep is when it became a BAD thing to do. How can you live with yourself knowing you are helping to allow animals to suffer. Why do so many black people hate cats? Wally had a younger friend over, her name was Connie, and she said she ‘don’t like them’. I am NOT racist, I don’t look at color, I look at your heart first when I meet you, not your color. But for some reason, in these neighborhoods, the majority hates them. Paul on Second Street has two that he loves, he is an exception. Wally is tolerating Buster, and maybe Buster is getting closer to his heart, but he is an exception also.


Miss B. is still at a woman’s shelter. If anyone knows of an apartment in the $500-600 range monthly, and accepts Shelter Plus, let me know. She is losing her spirit.  And Wally needs a winter coat.  And gloves! 



No comments:

Post a Comment